Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't view texts or send texts!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't view texts or send texts!

Is anyone else having this issue?  It just started yesterday.  I can see the list of texts from people but i can't click into a specific person.  It just keeps saying "loading".  I've restarted my phone a few times.  And i also went to task manager and did a force stop on text messaging.  Any other ideas of things to try?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: I can't view texts or send texts!

Have you tried going to Menu>>Applications>>Manage Applications>. then go to Messaging and Clear Cache and Data. Are you using the standard messaging application or a 3rd party application?

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
GrandMaster

understand that when you clear the cache and data it will delete all your messages that are in there. so be prepared for it..but this is one of the only ways to really check if the issue is the app itself or the phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Yes, be very aware that Clear Data will remove all your messages.

That being said. The only time I have ever seen the "Loading" issue has been when there was ALLOT of messages. My suggestion, set a limit to how many messages to retain.

• Messages > Menu > Settings > General > Storage Settings > Delete Old Messages

Adjust both the Text Message and Multimedia Message Limits to suit your taste.

If you need to reatin older messages, you may need to think about some sort of backup system to saveoff your messages or archive them.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat