Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an EVO 4G LTE, and it's WiFi has made me depressed since I got it in June...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I have an EVO 4G LTE, and it's WiFi has made me depressed since I got it in June...

Nope.  It does it on any and all WiFi networks...

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: I have an EVO 4G LTE, and it's WiFi has made me depressed since I got it in June...

for giggles go in and see what software version youre running. post what you see in there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

1.22.651.3 710RD

Or if you wanted the Android version, it's 4.0.3

Highlighted
GrandMaster

weird..one of the fixes in that last update was for the wifi disconnects..hrm..i wonder if there is a way to reset just the wifi itself.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well like I said, I am not having any issues with the wifi actually disconnecting.  It's just that the connection is shaky.  Even during these random bursts of packet loss the wifi stays connected 100% of the time.  A good way to see what I am talking about is to do a speedtest and look at the line graph of the actual throughput.  Rather than being a relatively straight line sitting around my connection speed like it should be, you'll see at least one point (if not two or three) where the line shoots way down to 1 mbit or less, then shoots back up, but it never goes down to 0. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

by chance do you have the wifi set for best performance? or whatever theyre calling it in there?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes

Highlighted
GrandMaster

try turning off the best performance and retest it. if memory serves there was an issue a lil while back about that as well..but it should have been fixed with that last OTA...doesnt hurt to try though

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately that's something else I had already tried and forgot to mention.  It didn't help.  I've tried so many different things it's hard to remember them all until someone mentions it...

Master

Yeah, and the WiFi Best Performance will drain your battery REALLY fast compared to normal usage.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe so, but with Best Performance turned ON while using my WiFi calling app that I use for battery saving, my battery only went down 3% in 7 hours, so I'm not too worried about it...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you tried not using the 5GHz band? Switching it down to 2.4GHz? I've read that the EVO LTE has issues with keeping a stable connection using 5GHz even though it is capable of it.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat