cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hear Rumors that Sprint has LTE...?

Journeyman

I hear Rumors that Sprint has LTE...?

Who is spreading these rumors.    Sprint do not have LTE.. infact.. if they cell you a phone and lock you into a contact.. it is your duty to call every day and Open a Brand New ticket for tech service advising them to contact you about the service not working......   Wait their time... Make them work...  I am paying the prices to have this service.. yet for 2 months now.. i dont have shit..  i refuse to be quite about it..

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: I hear Rumors that Sprint has LTE...?

Sprint just recently launched LTE in 15 cities. Sprint is currently in the process of rolling out 4G LTE in addition to replacing our entire 3G infrastructure in a program called Network Vision. Every piece of 3G equipment is being replaced nationwide on all of our towers. We are also decommissioning the Nextel iDEN network and using that spectrum, upon completion, for 3G CDMA and 4G LTE service enhancements. In addition all towers are getting new backhaul that will allow faster speeds on both 3G CDMA and 4G LTE.

The cities that have LTE are not done having Network Vision upgrades completed, there are just enough to get the city launched and have customers start to use the network. Many sites are still left to be done, and as those sites come online, coverage and congestion will improve as users are able to connect to more towers.

Master

Actually, Sprint does have LTE now. It officially launched in 15 cities as mentioned on July 15th. More will be rolling out until final completion by the end of 2013 or beginning of 2014 by estimates.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman 832
Journeyman

halcyoncmdr123 you are a joke buddy. i live in houston. i have driven all over houston and still my phone has not connected to 4g lte not once seen july 15. there is no lte in houston. sprint is garbage if they can this to work im going with at&t.

Journeyman

I agree with 832.  No LTE in San Antonio.  Every once in awhile It will pick up LTE for a second.  But as soon as it does it drops it.  In my eyes there is no LTE in San Antonio either.  Not sure why Sprint is saying there is.  To launch a market they need to be more than 10% complete.

Journeyman 832
Journeyman

frank--n--beans, like i said i drive all over the city everyday for work and i haven't seen it connect once. they are lying about lte in houston. no body has lte in houston.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lots of people are talking about this. It is is the works is Houston, give it a month or so?

GrandMaster

you also have to remember that most markets are a couple cities wide..so if you break it down and lets say they lit up LTE at 30% of that market...how many towers would they actually have with LTE?..if im remembering right the atlanta market actually contains a couple cities..theirs was lit up at about 40%..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat