cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Sprint but....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love Sprint but....

Lets not forget which phone turned things around for Sprint.. and the Android Communty in general... it was the original EVO... i loveeeeee HTC... everything about there phones... ive Owned the Original Evo.. the Evo 3D.. and now i own the Evo 4g LTE... i love this phone.. it is great.. but the lack of communication to customers on this Jelly Bean update is what kills me. whether its HTC or whether its sprint... we as customers deserve some type of explaination... HTC One X users have had some type of explanation on when they will recieve an update.. but we havent even got a notice if we will get it or not... Sprint i dont want to leave you.. what so ever... but i want a great customer service experience with you.. i respected you for being the first company to bring jelly bean to the S3.. but the fact that i dont even know if my phone will get the update that will complete my whole life troubles me... i used my two year update on the Evo 3D.. i paid for this Phone... out of contract price... i deserve the best.. we all deserve an explaination... please give us something..

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: I love Sprint but....

Most likely, were not gonna hear anything official until a couple days before it's release. The way things are going, I don't expect anything until 1st quarter at its earliest.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Sprint Product Ambassador

I certainly cannot say anything official.  But I can say 'stay tuned'.  I know HTC and Sprint are committed to delivering the best experience to our customers. 

Will - Evo OG owner.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I heard its being released as early as this weekend

GrandMaster

and to think i was one of the few still rocking the OEVO...dang

JB has been released via manual update as of today to the LTEVO..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

its already been reported that sprint users are already receiving the OTA update to the jelly bean software starting today, with normal software update releases the update will be released over time for about a good 15 days releasing it to a certain number of users each day, normally is released depending on where your ESN is in the system(releasing the update to every phone in one day would be MADNESS and would probably cause tons of system issues) but rest assure you if you have the HTC evo lte you will receive the OTA in the next upcoming days so patience would be key during this time, just keep checking for software updates, if you happen to dismiss it when it does come through it will come back and if all else fails go to your applications in your settings look for google framework and clear the data(might have to do this twice) reboot the phone and try again. Hope this helps ease your mind, if not i do apologize and i hope you get to experience jelly bean soon.

Master

The update has been release as fireguy has started  The update has to be requested from the device.

Master

Eventually though it will be crammed down your throat, usually trakes a few weeks after the Pull option starts.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat