cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I obviously didn't understand the $10 charge. My bad.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I obviously didn't understand the $10 charge. My bad.

It would be nice if the phone could get regular 4G but that's a separate issue.  Sorry for the ignorant post, everybody.

Message was edited by: RobbyBJ

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Many of our customers in the Denver area are anxious about 4G LTE service, so you're not alone. To clarify, the $10 premium data add-on charge was never a charge for Sprint 4G service. It has always been an increase in customers monthly recurring charges (MRC) that allows us to provide unlimited data for smartphone customers while on the Sprint network. Stay tuned for 4G LTE announcements in your area by going to sprint.com/LTE.

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

RobbyBJ wrote:

For all of us Denverites who've paid $10 a month on our 4G LTE phones with not being able to access 4G and not given any kind of update on how long it will be by Sprint (simply sitting around paying $10/month for NOTHING) to build the LTE infrastructure... I say it would be a great move of customer support to re-fund all of our wasted $10 charges and give us an update on when Denver will become 4G LTE ready!!!

Anyone in Denver feel the same as me???

Highlighted
GrandMaster

and before you come back with a rebuttle on why it IS a charge for 4G...go look at the non 4G smart phones...guess what...they are getting the same exact charge...and can not use 4G...nor will they ever be able to..iphone 4s? non 4G phone..gets the charge..blackberry phones? get the charge..only one smart phone i can think of doesnt get this charge and if im remembering right it is a green friendly phone or something along those lines.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

RobbyBJ wrote:

For all of us Denverites who've paid $10 a month on our 4G LTE phones with not being able to access 4G and not given any kind of update on how long it will be by Sprint (simply sitting around paying $10/month for NOTHING) to build the LTE infrastructure... I say it would be a great move of customer support to re-fund all of our wasted $10 charges and give us an update on when Denver will become 4G LTE ready!!!

Anyone in Denver feel the same as me???

Try checking out http://s4gru.com/ I found it to be an invaluable tool while waiting for 4GLTE in Chicago

Highlighted
Journeyman

lol you guys still dont get the $10 deal....... i want you too veri. or T&T and see how much data you could get with that

Highlighted
Journeyman

for real just $10 for unlimited 3g and 4g where available

that beats ver and the tt to me ......

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is the Samsung Replenish. It is a "green" phone so they waived the $10 add on. It also barely qualified as a smartphone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is advertised as unlimited data plan.  But when you sign up they charge you ten extra dollars.  When you walk into a sprint store they advertise 4glte and how fast it is.  Then you find out you don't even get 4glte in Denver.

This is why we shouldn't be charged the $10.00.  So stop putting in hidden fees into a plan that you say is UNLIMITED and don't even come back and say it's because of the phone I have.  STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!!!!  The $10.00 extra a month is a hidden fee because you say how it is an all data plan and then charge ten dollars extra for it.  Bottom Line!!!!

Highlighted

monk333,

To be honest, the $10 premium data charge is not a hidden fee. For example, we advertise $79.99 for the Everything Data 450 plan, which is $69.99 + $10 charge for smartphones. This charge is also clearly stated in the break down of your bill. We are planning to expand LTE to Denver and several cities nationwide in the coming months. I am also anxious for LTE in my area. I'll be taking advantage of wifi and 3G service until its available.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got an email announcing the Galaxy S4 pre-order, I want it, but I am torn; based on the absence of LTE in Denver. Sprint's S4 doesn't work with the existing 4G WiMax in Denver, so I would be upgrading to an awesome device but *downgrading* data speed to 3G for an indenfinte amount of time. Thus, my question is how long will I be waiting. Does Sprint publish any confident dates on this, or is "soon" the best guidance available?

Highlighted

DrDremmel,

Unfortunately there are no dates set for LTE rollout in Denver. I expect the city to receive LTE soon, but it may be months before you will expect a reliable connection. Personally, I have WiMAX in my area (not LTE) and I have stuck with the Galaxy S to take advantage of the faster data speeds. It may be more cost-effective to wait until Denver is at least officially announced.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Unfortunately there are no dates set for LTE rollout in Denver."

Hmmm, when I bought my Galaxy Note 2 on the 15th of this month I was told I could expect it starting next month.

"I expect the city to receive LTE soon, but it may be months before you will expect a reliable connection."

In 2011 when we signed up with Sprint we were told we would see better 4G speeds soon. Never happened. Now I'm hearing the same story about 4G LTE. Meanwhile, my neighbor a few doors down has AT&T and has nothing but good  LTE speeds. When is Sprint finally going to get it together?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat