I think Sprint was aware of the delay chat discussion on May 8, 2012

Customer:
Customer Name: @#$$
EMAIL: @#$@
Phone Number: #$#%#%
Chat Type: General Inquiry
Chat Reason: when will the htc evo 4g lte be released in stores
Passcode: xxxxx
Louis F. : Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to help you. Please give me a moment while I look into it.
Louis F. : I understand your concern, Joe.
Louis F. : Certainly, I will check this information for you.
Louis F. : Please allow me a few moments while I look into it.
Louis F. : Thanks for waiting, .
Louis F. : I have checked the information for you.
Louis F. : The HTC 4g lte will release on May 27, 2012. However, from May 7, 2012 you can pre-order the phone through Sprint online account.
Louis F. : Is there anything else I may help you with today?
Customer: will those that pre order get the phone before the May 27 release date
Louis F. : Yes, once we will get the phone at our warehouse, we deliver the phone to you.
Louis F. : Therefore, you will get the phone before May 27, 2012.
Customer: ok thankyou
Louis F. : You're welcome.
Louis F. : Did I fully address all the reasons for your chat today?
Customer: yup
Louis F. : A short survey follows this chat. Will you be able to respond yes to the question "Was your issue resolved on this chat session?" The results help Sprint measure my performance.
Louis F. : I know your time is valuable and I would like to assist you in resolving any questions you have. Would you like to continue chatting with me today?

CHAT FROM MAY 08. 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I think Sprint was aware of the delay chat discussion on May 8, 2012

Well, I know that the 5/18 launch date was announced after this chat of yours, but that's still a bit odd that they pin it 9 days after the officially announced date. If so, they jumped the gun a bit too quick, knowing there would be issue but having too much confidence things would be settled in time. I just hope -something- is said soon in regards to a new launch date. Ugh. Mega ugh.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I think Sprint was aware of the delay chat discussion on May 8, 2012

I called Sprint on the morning of May 17th, because I was concerned that I did not receive any shipping information.  Being that I work in warehouse distribution, I understand as to how easy it is to produce shipping orders, even mass orders (we ship 5 million pounds of freight a day).  The customer service representative seemed surprised when he looked into the matter.  In fact, we concurrently searched the internal announcements, and he didn't have a clue.  I'm thinking that the executives within Sprint knew of the problem, but it wasn't even released to their techs (unless my tech was a great actor, but I doubt it).  Sprint took a gamble and lost, big deal, it happens.  I am a little disturbed that I had to call Sprint to find out, but, what else can I do?  I've been a Sprint/Nextel customer for 15 years, and a promise of a shipment that was delayed (a few days) will not make me change carriers.  Although, I will admit that I was livid on the morning of the 17th...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat