Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISSUES WITH ROTATION OF MY EVO LTE

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

ISSUES WITH ROTATION OF MY EVO LTE

Recently I noticed that my phone would switch/rotate from vertically to horizantly ok.  but when i flip it back it does not go back to the vertical position. I know that not all aplications let you do this, but texting, messages or viewing setting lets you. does this happen to anybody else or can anyone help me figure it out?

Thank you

PS:reaching out to my friend Smorts................. are you out there???????????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

If you want more rotation options Ultimate Rotation Control from the play store works very well. It even allows home screen to be in landscape. You can also add per app settings for the apps that get messed up when not in their original format.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Wizard

MANISA,

Thank you for your post regarding the rotation of the screen. When you do turn it to go back to the vertical display, does it ever comply? Also does this only occur with certain applications? If so which ones and are you using the stock application or one that was downloaded from the play store?

Markie_B

Highlighted
Master

Yep, I'm here. Your correct, Settings & Messaging definitely allow both Portrait and Landscape viewing and should swap back and forth.

Check the following really quick,

Settings > Display & Gestures

Make sure Auto-Rotate Screen is enabled (Green check box)

If so, try unchecking it, exit and reenter and recheck it. If it still doesn't work, Uncheck, do a Restart and even a Sim-Pull, then recheck. See if that fixes it.

Have you performed the Update yet? If so, a number of users have reported wonkiness (is that a word? ) after the update, me included. Only way I could resolve my issues was to perform a Hard Reset. We'll try everything else before we have you do that, but keep in mind, it could come to that.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey good to hear from you, all of the above are good suggestions. I tell  you what i did find and that was that my calibration was off, don't know how that happend, I calibrated it and now it seems to be rotating better. Let me ask you, shouldn't all androids basically work the same way? My wife owns the galaxy epic 4g and that one rotates just about everything. My evo lte does not want to rotate "people" or "phone pad" is this normal?

thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

forgot to ask you, what did the new update give us.

thanx

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for your help but I stilI can't get the "people" & "phone pad" app. to rotate, these are stock apps. by the way do you know what the new update gave us?

thanx

Highlighted
Master

Unfortunately, no. The OS is essentially the same but the GUI (Sense in the case of HTC and TouchWiz in the case of Samsung) are by two different companies. Samsung may have added or more precisely, left the ability to rotate to landscape on certain apps whereas HTC may not have Sensed (for lack of a better word) those same apps for Landscape view. As a result, both phones may not have the same functionality regarding landscape and a number of other functions.

There are 3rd party apps in the Play store which will allow you to rotate thse apps. Keep in mind, they may not display some of these apps correctly in landscape though.In some cases though, they do display fine. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

Actually, the People and Phone apps are rewritten by HTC for Sense and no longer the stock apps on a native Google device. The only device that is 100% native Google is the Galaxy Nexus which was specifically built for Google by Samsung. At least I'm pretty sure that's the only one.

On the LTEVO, pretty much every single Phone function and App was rewritten by HTC to take advantage of the Sense interface.

--

Highlighted
Master

The update fixed a number of bluetooth, wifi and several conectivity issues. Also fixed Google Wallet, the Timezone bug and others. You can see the changes they told us about here,

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/htc_phones/htc_evo_4g...

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you want more rotation options Ultimate Rotation Control from the play store works very well. It even allows home screen to be in landscape. You can also add per app settings for the apps that get messed up when not in their original format.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks it worked beautifully

Highlighted
Master

That's the one of the ones I was thinking of above, but couldn't remember the name. 

--

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat