ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent WiFi Problem

Journeyman

Re: Intermittent WiFi Problem

It's definitely the phone. There have been many complaints about the wifi issue and also 3G going in and out. I can almost guarantee it's a software issue, especially since the phone CAN connect to the routers, just not staying connected. Hopefully HTC works on these software issues within a week or two. Too much bad PR to not address these issues. Good thing my upgrade isn't for another three months.

Wizard

We are looking into this. I want to thank those of you posting the router brand/model information, I would like any additional information you can provide such as any router configuration you can recall such as DHCP lease timer settings or any other settings you may know. Please continue to post any information you have on this, if you would like you can also private message me directly as well.

Kinolay,

Can you please post the router brand/model of the four routers you were able to test this issue on?

Journeyman

I also have this problem, on my home network and both work networks. The signal is strong, but it disconnects and reconnects, not always, but sometimes. I notice it a lot when I use Google Play Music. It will connect for about 5 seconds, disconnect, reconnect, and so on for hours. Have updated PRL twice. Restarting phone does not help either. It's pretty annoying, because I listen to my music over wifi while I'm at work and some days it just won't work, stops every 10-15 seconds, telling me I must be online to use it. I SHOULD be, since our wifi signal is really strong.

Master

Have you tried removing your WIFI network then readding it?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I am also experiencing this issue.  It can work fine for hours then it will go into this connect and disconnect cycle, I have seen it most often with the stock web browser.  It is also occuring on the 5 ghz and 2.4 ghz bands.

I have a Netgear N750 (WNDR4000).  Other devices like laptops stay connected with no issues.  My prior phone a Samsung Epic 4g never had a Wi-Fi issue.

Like other posters here turning off Wi-Fi altogether for a few minutes seems to help but should not have to do that.  FYI this also seems to toggle that annoying "Set current time" notification that is discussed in another thread on this forum another item that Sprint and HTC need to fix.

Please fix this Sprint and/or HTC.

Journeyman

Yup, happens to me too, on both routers I tried. My only solution so far has been to set airplane mode on, then turn the wifi back on but leave everything else off. This seems to keep the wifi on line, but of course the unit becomes useless as a phone. This definitely needs to be fixed.

Wizard

david.epstein wrote:

Yup, happens to me too, on both routers I tried. My only solution so far has been to set airplane mode on, then turn the wifi back on but leave everything else off. This seems to keep the wifi on line, but of course the unit becomes useless as a phone. This definitely needs to be fixed.

So if you just toggle the Airplane mode it won't reconnect the wifi?

Journeyman

Right, you have to reconnect the wifi manually after engaging airplane mode.

Wizard

me1tmedown wrote:

I also have this problem, on my home network and both work networks. The signal is strong, but it disconnects and reconnects, not always, but sometimes. I notice it a lot when I use Google Play Music. It will connect for about 5 seconds, disconnect, reconnect, and so on for hours. Have updated PRL twice. Restarting phone does not help either. It's pretty annoying, because I listen to my music over wifi while I'm at work and some days it just won't work, stops every 10-15 seconds, telling me I must be online to use it. I SHOULD be, since our wifi signal is really strong.

What brand/model of router do you have?

Wizard

david.epstein wrote:

Right, you have to reconnect the wifi manually after engaging airplane mode.

Could you test out changing your DHCP lease timer on one of your routers and let me know if you notice any change?

Journeyman

Don't know if I know how to do that....     I can check.

Journeyman

I am experiencing similar problem. Infact I am seeing too many issues with this phone in last 2 days that I have had it for. If you would like, you can read more about it at http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/429152#429152. If anyone has any suggestiuons on how to improve the WiFi or 3G connectivity and speeds on this phone, I'll really appreciate your help. I have tried everything that I could think of, but nothing seems to help.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat