ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent WiFi Problem

Journeyman

Re: Intermittent WiFi Problem

Shane, changing the DHCP lease time hasn't helped either.

Journeyman

I noticed this morning that I have the same problem, very frustrating. D-link d-624. Any solutions yet?

Journeyman

Hey Everyone.  Here is a place on XDA that might help with your wifi issues.  It's helped with my wife's EVO LTE so here is the link:   http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1683121  [workaround] WIFI up and down

Journeyman

webos4life wrote:

Hey Everyone.  Here is a place on XDA that might help with your wifi issues.  It's helped with my wife's EVO LTE so here is the link:   http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1683121  [workaround] WIFI up and down

Thanks for posting but I tried this and not 5 minutes later experienced the Wi-Fi disconnect and reconnect issue again after it had been stable all morning.  I know others had tried changing the DHCP lease timeout with no success either.  The only way to get a solid connection again is to turn off Wi-Fi for about 60 seconds then it seems to be able to acquire a connection again.

Journeyman

This was a problem on the original EVO 4G, also.  It began on that phone after the last available system update.  Now I'm experiencing it on my EVO LTE, too.  Perhaps Sprint/HTC can backtrack to the original EVO and examine differences between the two updates to determine what set off the issue.  Obviously, whatever it is has carried over to later phones/software versions.  I upgraded from the original EVO in large part because I was tired of losing my internet connection every couple minutes.  It's quite disappointing to find the issue hasn't been resolved, months after it began.

Journeyman

I am having this same issue with a D-Link DIR655 on the latest D-Link firmware. It is reminiscent of the issue I had with the EVO 4G, until they fixed it in the last firmware update. I'm sure they will address the issue on this phone, as they did with the OG.

GrandMaster

on the OG EVO or the new EVO LTE? im still running the OG EVO and dont have any issues what so ever with wifi.

i remember there being an issue after one of the updates that it took away wireless "N" usage..and if there was a connection loss issue changing your router from infinite to i believe a week or something like that fixed it.

for everyone else...what is your wifi sleep time set to? settings-wireless and networks-wifi settings.

TexasBU87 wrote:

This was a problem on the original EVO 4G, also.  It began on that phone after the last available system update.  Now I'm experiencing it on my EVO LTE, too.  Perhaps Sprint/HTC can backtrack to the original EVO and examine differences between the two updates to determine what set off the issue.  Obviously, whatever it is has carried over to later phones/software versions.  I upgraded from the original EVO in large part because I was tired of losing my internet connection every couple minutes. It's quite disappointing to find the issue hasn't been resolved, months after it began.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I had this problem on the original HTC EVO 4G, and I'm now on the HTC EVO 4G LTE and experiencing it again.  I never had a firmware update that fixed the issue, and I tried every proffered solution as far as changing my wifi settings, both on phone and on router, based on what Sprint, HTC, and the internet at large suggested.  Nothing ever fixed it.

Journeyman

For me (on the EVO 4G), the issue started two updates ago. The last update fixed it, which I got about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, that one ( 5.07.651.1) is slowly rolling out in stages, and you can't manually grab it via the HTC update button. Again, that was on a D-Link DIR655 on it's latest FW.

The issue I am having is much less frequent on the LTE, but still essentially the same type of thing. Actually, it seems like the wifi and the bluetooth both drop around every 3-4 minutes.

Journeyman

I have the first generation evo. And mine started to do the same thing today. I am literally 2 inches away from my router and im not getting any signal on my phone. The wifi signal is grayed out/empty. I have att all in one modem/router. Brand is Pace model# 3801HGV. Not only do I have this problem I consistantly have error messages when I text. I have to repetedly send texts over and over in hopes of getting a text through. Idk what to do...

Journeyman

I actually just tried my bluetooth out for the first time yesterday.  I have the same problem.  It will not stay connected to my car.  I start to place a call, the bluetooth drops.  I've never experienced that on any other phone.  I really hope that Sprint and HTC are addressing these issues.  Paying hundreds of dollars for a brand new phone that does not work is not a very exciting prospect, especially on such a sought-after device.

Journeyman

I have two EVO LTE devices, and they are both dropping off WIFi at home and work. Home is a Linksys 4200, and I am not sure about the one at work. They may be randomly dropping the 3G signal as well, but that I have not verified since I have been fighting with WiFi.

I believe Sprint has acknowledged the issue, is that correct?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat