ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent WiFi Problem

Journeyman

Re: Intermittent WiFi Problem

A new wrinkle for me is that it seems to hang onto the wireless connection even when I am literally miles out of range and it refuses to switch to 3G unless I turn off Wi-Fi. 

For instance when I am connected to Wi-Fi at my house then leave for work in the car and several miles from the house it is still showing me "connected" to my Wi-Fi and no 3G signal because it thinks Wi-Fi is still connected. 

Is anyone else experiencing this symptom? 

Journeyman

Okay, so it seems that my problem has been resolved.  Initially my problem was with the connect/disconnect loop.  A simple reset of my router fixed that.  However today I purchased an N router to work the the Media Link HD.  Ever since the new router was installed, my wifi on my phone would work for about 10 seconds and then stop for 2 to 3 minutes.  Anything I tried to do on my phone would time out.  I couldn't even use the Speed Test app without it saying there was a network error.  Turning the phone off and on, turning wifi off and on, and turning airplane mode off and on did nothing.

After reading here and a couple other places online about other models of the One X, I decided to change the DHCP timer on my router.  I changed it to 480 minutes.  After my phone disconnected and reconnected to the router it has been working perfectly with no connection drops.

I hope this stays working.  If anything changes I'll post an update, but so far the DHCP timer seems to have fixed it for me.

Wizard

Repro1 wrote:

I believe Sprint has acknowledged the issue, is that correct?

Yes, we are investigating this issue, but we could always use additional information to ensure we resolve it for everyone, so please continue to post your router brand/model.

Journeyman

As far as the WIFI connectivity issues, I had the same problem with Dlink DIR-615 and EVO 4G LTE. I set DHCP renew to 480 mintues on router same problem, then on EVO under settings, wireless, menu, advanced, I selected best wifi-performance and the intermitted wifi-connectivity problem went away. The problem I was having was when connected it would work for a few seconds, followed by 2-3 mintues showing connected but no internet (connection problem try again on facebook, browsers would say page unavailable). Seems to be a glitch with HTC and Android Wifi power saving features.

Journeyman

"Seems to be a glitch with HTC and Android wifi power saving feature".

Only problem with that theory is I've never had this problem with any of my other Android or HTC devices. I'm pretty sure it's just a bug related to HTC's "recent" software. They're having the same issue on the new HTC One X.

Journeyman

webos4life wrote:

"Seems to be a glitch with HTC and Android wifi power saving feature".

Only problem with that theory is I've never had this problem with any of my other Android or HTC devices. I'm pretty sure it's just a bug related to HTC's "recent" software. They're having the same issue on the new HTC One X.

Yes unfortunately my router (Netgear N750 (WNDR4000)) does not let me set the DHCP lease timeout which appears to have helped some others.  The router cost almost as much as this phone so I am not going to be able to just replace a router to get the 1 device of nearly 8 other devices in the house to connect.  Unfortunately I need Wi-Fi in the house too because the 3G signal is so bad I have an AirRave and even that barely helps with phone call quality in the house and it is the older model which does not boost 3G anyway.

Wizard

I just wanted to give everyone an update, HTC has been able to identify an issue that may result in the wifi disconnects or looping disconnect/reconnects. Sprint and HTC are working to deliver a fix for this in the first maintenance release.

Journeyman

Thank you for the update!  This gives us something to look forward to.  Two questions, though.  Do you have any time frame for when that maintenance release might come out, and does that identified issue address the bluetooth dropping out?

Master

Which is estimated to be when? Days, weeks, months? How about an aproximation?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

All I can say is if that maintenece update doesn't get out by next firday you are going to have a lot of Brandie new Refurbs on your hands. This is turning into one of the worst Launches you guys have had.  I like my E4GLTE, not enough though to say bye bye if this isn't fixed in the return window.

Journeyman

@Shane_M

OT..... While I don't have the WiFi disconnect issue, my Evo LTE crashes my network mapping software - Pure Networks/Cisco: "Network Magic Pro". Each time that the Evo accesses the network, or, it's on the network and then, goes to sleep, it causes "the Pure Networks Platform Service to stop running". And then, you are asked to " Try restarting the service.... Since May 24, I have restarted the service at least 20X each day.  My router is the Linksys E3000. Any advise? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software without any resolution.

thanks in advance.

Journeyman
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat