cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent WiFi Problem

Journeyman

Intermittent WiFi Problem

So I got my phone lastnight and so far I love it.  But I've notices a flaky thing happening with my WiFi that I've never seen on any HTC phone I've owned..

Occasionally the WiFi will drop, then connect back a second or two later, only to drop again.  It continues going back and forth every couple of seconds like that until I actually turn the WiFi off and on.  After that it will work fine for a while.  It has done this about 3 times so far.

Is anyone else noticing this?  If so hopefully a software fix will take care of it.  If not, then boo.   (sad face)

51 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Intermittent WiFi Problem

I have the same problem. The wifi will work for 3-5 minutes and then stop working. If I turn the wifi off and back on it will work for another couple of minutes and then stop again. I've had to do this everytime I used the wifi.

Wizard

lghtningboyv2 wrote:

So I got my phone lastnight and so far I love it.  But I've notices a flaky thing happening with my WiFi that I've never seen on any HTC phone I've owned..

Occasionally the WiFi will drop, then connect back a second or two later, only to drop again.  It continues going back and forth every couple of seconds like that until I actually turn the WiFi off and on.  After that it will work fine for a while.  It has done this about 3 times so far.

Is anyone else noticing this?  If so hopefully a software fix will take care of it.  If not, then boo.   (sad face)

What's the brand/model of your router? Have you tested this out with any other routers or Wi-Fi networks?

Journeyman

Sounds like a bug to me. I bet if enough people are having this problem HTC will have an update to fix it.

Wizard

mfranz803 wrote:

I have the same problem. The wifi will work for 3-5 minutes and then stop working. If I turn the wifi off and back on it will work for another couple of minutes and then stop again. I've had to do this everytime I used the wifi.

In addition to the question I asked above ("Have you been able to test this out with any other routers or Wi-Fi Networks?") What happens if you leave it on for past the five minute period when it stops working will it eventually start connecting again if you try accessing a new internet-related program/action?

Journeyman

I have a Linksys WRT54G2 V1.5.  I haven't been having any issues with my other devices (laptop, Kindle Fire, EVO, EVO 3D)  It's only the EVO 4G LTE that this happens with.  Today I was downloading a movie I had purchased from HTC Watch and it cut out in the middle of the download.  I left it alone and after about 5 minutes it picked back up and has been working since.  While the phone's WiFi was out my laptop's internet was still working normally.

I haven't had the chance to see what happens on another WiFi network yet but I'll post an update when I'm able to.

Journeyman

I have a Linksys E4200. I have had the same problem on both the regular connection and the 5gHz band. All of my other devices work without a problem. I haven't tried to connect to wifi outside of my home yet.

There have been a couple of times where I've left the phone alone for 1-2 hours with the wifi on and came back to the phone to have no wifi. Each time I had to turn it off to get it to work again.

Wizard

i jave an e4200.. do you have the latest firmware version on the router? are you using DD-WRT or osme other 3rd party firmware or stock? this will matter.

ive not had any issues with WIFI and the phone is currently on the 5ghz band.

curious, do you have DFS active? if so, try and disable it (meaning force it on one channel) and monitor your phone.

ive a media link also and it has not had any issues conencting to it or the network ive been on two networks thus far and its been solid.

make sure best wifi performance is checked in your phones wifi tab.

Journeyman

Firmware is stock and the latest version.

Tried the other 2 suggestions and still have the connection problem.

After searching other forums it looks like the One X had a similar bug that was fixed with an update...hopefully there will be a fix for the Evo.

Journeyman

The same issue started this morning with mine. Using an Apple Airport Extreme 3rd generation version 7.6.1

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.