cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent WiFi Problem

51 REPLIES
Master

Re: Intermittent WiFi Problem

A new update is in the works, but we haven't heard when it's going to be released yet. It's been a month since the last update so I'm thinking any day now we should hear something official in the Updates Blog at the bottom of this forum.

Journeyman

Has anyone found a fix for this problem? I've been experiencing the same problem since I activated my EVO LTE in early June. The first update did not fix it, is another one on the way? I too am using a Linksys (Cisco) router, its an older model, but like others have said I have had no issues with any other devices (original EVO, EVO 3D, Nexus 7, ThinkPad, etc.) only the EVO LTE. HTC has got to fix this!!

Journeyman

I also see weirdness on a E4200 V1, latest firmware, 5GHZ WPA-PSK2, AES

It also does weirdness at work (IBM Network/Cisco AP's, not sure of model, LEAP auth).

Journeyman

Wi-fi still not consistent, any word Shane?

Journeyman
Journeyman

@Shane_M

OT..... While I don't have the WiFi disconnect issue, my Evo LTE crashes my network mapping software - Pure Networks/Cisco: "Network Magic Pro". Each time that the Evo accesses the network, or, it's on the network and then, goes to sleep, it causes "the Pure Networks Platform Service to stop running". And then, you are asked to " Try restarting the service.... Since May 24, I have restarted the service at least 20X each day.  My router is the Linksys E3000. Any advise? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software without any resolution.

thanks in advance.

Journeyman

All I can say is if that maintenece update doesn't get out by next firday you are going to have a lot of Brandie new Refurbs on your hands. This is turning into one of the worst Launches you guys have had.  I like my E4GLTE, not enough though to say bye bye if this isn't fixed in the return window.

Master

Which is estimated to be when? Days, weeks, months? How about an aproximation?

Journeyman

Thank you for the update!  This gives us something to look forward to.  Two questions, though.  Do you have any time frame for when that maintenance release might come out, and does that identified issue address the bluetooth dropping out?

Wizard

I just wanted to give everyone an update, HTC has been able to identify an issue that may result in the wifi disconnects or looping disconnect/reconnects. Sprint and HTC are working to deliver a fix for this in the first maintenance release.