cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get a color change when Sprint gives you a replacement phone(EVO 4G LTE) for technical problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it possible to get a color change when Sprint gives you a replacement phone(EVO 4G LTE) for technical problems?

My phone keeps heating up to the touch sometimes and occasionally it won't read from the SD Card for things like emulators. I think I need it replaced, but I'm wondering if they let you choose a color for when you get a replacement EVO 4G LTE since the white one looks pretty.

Yeah, it sounds dumb but whatever.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Hello and welcome to Sprint.com Communities.  If color wasn't important, manufacturers wouldn't offer a variety of colors for their devices, so it's not dumb at all.  When we replace a device for technical problems, we make every attempt to replace it with the same make/model and color.  Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the color because it's based on availability and inventory.  The best thing to do is have your phone triaged at your local Sprint Service & Repair Center.  They will be able to advise you of your options. 

Sincerely,

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

to my knowledge you must keep the same color phone..the only time they will give you a different color is if your phone color is not in stock. But that white Evo is beautiful. I wish it was that easy to get a different color.

Highlighted
Master

I would do as Tom mentioned above. And if there is any mention what so ever about a replacement, bring up the fact that you are comfortable with any color. If a replacment is a solution, it will give them more options to look at for a replacement. My GF went through this issue wit hteh OEVO. She ended up with a White one because they were out of Black at the time.

No gurantee, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried to change phone colors on my last two replacement phones. Sprint repair center would not allow it.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat