cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE/CDMA in Network Mode Not Working, Only CDMA(3G)..... Anyone?

GrandMaster

Re: LTE/CDMA in Network Mode Not Working, Only CDMA(3G).....  Anyone?

its more for the ability than the actual use. if it were for the use they would have to bill it out WAY differently..not to mention there would be caps on your data im sure..one thing you can do though is download the sensorly app. it will show you actual areas others have picked up a signal at while running that app..its a great tool to use for this deployment especially...mainly because they are unable to give out dates and locations really until sprint has publicly announced an area to have LTE live in it..not their fault really...rules are rules

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: LTE/CDMA in Network Mode Not Working, Only CDMA(3G)..... Anyone?

I am in a known 4g area and my EVO is constantly switching back and forth between 3g/4g. Known issue with EVO. HTC switching software is to blame. I don't know why there is not a 4g only toggle. OG EVO had a 4g on/off toggle widget.

GrandMaster

its going to switch back and forth if the signal is poor..you may be in a known 4G area but odds are its still under way and hit and miss..until they get more towers completed around you this is going to keep happening.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Are you still seeing this issue throughout the area? I do see that we have a few towers that are still waiting for the LTE upgrades so you will see some spots with and without the LTE coverage. If you are in an area without 4G you can turn off the 4G settings on your device to help out with the 3G signal. These are the steps to do so http://bit.ly/1dAoAju. Also, you can do a profile update on the device to help out with the data connectivity http://bit.ly/1exiluA. Please let us know if we can help you out with anything else.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I believe its my phone that cause the problem.  Understand 4G LTE is not everywhere, but it is hard to believe I do not get any 4G in LA area.

I do see several sites throughout LA with LTE signal. When you are in the area make sure your have the 4G settings turned on, and try the profile update. You can check out our 4G LTE coverage here http://bit.ly/MNa8E4. If it still isn't working I would advise taking the device into a service and repair location.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

GrandMaster

download the sensorly app from the play store (depending on which phone you actually have) and hit up some of the areas their map shows a LTE signal has been picked up...only true way to test and see if your phone is picking anything up or not..

Highlighted
Master

Yeah, the sensory maps will show data from when actual users start detecting the signal.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I am having this exact problem with my phone. It is not a coverage/tower issue, as I have always had 4g before and my friends phones are humming along on 4g. Cdma works fine, but when the phone is set to switch back and forth (3g/4g), it picks up nothing at all. No red x, no 3g/4g icon, it is just disconnected from the network. Anyone have any answers?

GrandMaster

go into your settings and uncheck the connections optimizer..restart your phone and then double check to make sure it didnt turn back on..then double check to see if youre getting a signal or not.

Master

jackflash26,

Thanks for reaching out. Did the suggestions from fireguy_6364 help? Please let us know if there are any questions. We are here to help.

-Jewel

Sprint Social Care
Master

fireguy_6364,

Thank you for sharing that. Please let us know if there are any questions.

-Jewel

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat