cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE/CDMA in Network Mode Not Working, Only CDMA(3G)..... Anyone?

Journeyman

LTE/CDMA in Network Mode Not Working, Only CDMA(3G)..... Anyone?

My HTC EVO 4G LTE recently has problem with LTE/CDMA in Network Mode.  The phone will not pick up any signal other than CDMA(3G).  I tried hard reset (Power Button and Down Volume Button) then LTE/CDMA works.  But once I apply all the system updates(Firmware, Profile, PRL, HTC Software), it stops working again.  Does anyone experience the same thing?   Is it a software issue?

35 REPLIES 35

Re: LTE/CDMA in Network Mode Not Working, Only CDMA(3G)..... Anyone?

I can look into the area for you. It sounds like there may not be LTE coverage in your location yet. What is you current zip code along with some nearby cross streets? Keep us posted so we can get this figured out!

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

GrandMaster

2012VWGTI wrote:

My HTC EVO 4G LTE recently has problem with LTE/CDMA in Network Mode.  The phone will not pick up any signal other than CDMA(3G).  I tried hard reset (Power Button and Down Volume Button) then LTE/CDMA works.  But once I apply all the system updates(Firmware, Profile, PRL, HTC Software), it stops working again.  Does anyone experience the same thing?   Is it a software issue?

its always possible that they connection youre connecting too is just to far away to hold it solid..soon as you update the profile and PRL it pulls the stonger of the signals...and that one is 3G...this is only my guess though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: LTE/CDMA in Network Mode Not Working, Only CDMA(3G).....  Anyone?

My current Zip is 90815.  The problem is actually when I set my Network Mode to LTE/CDMA, the phone does not pick up neither 4G nor 3G.  I brought the phone to the Sprint Store, they could not figure out what the problem is either..... 

Journeyman

To fireguy_6364:

The problem actually occurred right after I did the profile and PRL update on 8/8.  The data connection dropped right away.   If I set my Network Mode to LTE/CDMA, then I do not get any connections, not even 3G......  I have to change the network mode to CDMA only so I get 3G connection.....   My guess would be either the LTE or 4G antennae is bad?  or could it be the update was bad.....? 

GrandMaster

It's always possible. But I'm not sure why your 3G wouldn't be working in it's place. Have you tried doing ##update# on the keypad? Try doing this while it's set to CDMA/LTE. It will reset your connections and search them out like it's the first time out has ever been connected. The store you took it to. Was it a repair store or a regular one?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Hmm, this is odd. I am using the same device, everything up to date. So I don't think it would be a software issue. So when you have it set to LTE/CDMA and you try the profile update, what does it do? Does it complete? Does it cancel out and fail? Also, as fireguy_6364 mentioned, was it a service location you went to? You can pull them up here http://bit.ly/10fKspZ. Have you possibly noticed if this is happening in one area? When you go out are you able to pick up 3G in other spots? Let me know.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I believe the store I went was not a repair store, but the guy tried ##update# and still didn't work.

I would defiantly say get it checked out at a repair store. I advise you get everything backed up, they might have to do a factory reset and wipe the device. Let me know if are are able to get it looked at.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Brought my phone to the repair store, the rep just told me the 4G service is not everywhere.  But it has been three months that I am not getting ANY 4G connection in Los Angeles Area.......

GrandMaster

the repair store said there isnt any 4G in L.A? odd..quite a few have posted their speed test results for 4G LTE in other threads from the L.A area..it may not be in YOUR direct area but that tech might want to either get a bit more info before saying things like that or just keep his yapper shut when it comes to the network itself lol..he's there for phones..not the network.

Journeyman

I knew at the spot she was wrong about her statement.  But in 3 months, I will be able to upgrade my phone so I kind of just let it go...   However, I am going to try calling customer service to get credit for the premium data since I DIDN'T USE IT!  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat