cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Hotspot getting LTE but not my phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE Hotspot getting LTE but not my phone!

So here is a screen shot of my LTE hotspot getting LTE but my phone will not pick it up at all, anyone know if there are isues with EVO's getting LTE?

New Image.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: LTE Hotspot getting LTE but not my phone!

Hello.  Which wireless hotspot are you using to get 4G LTE? 

Journeyman

Im using the LTE Tri-Fi hotspot

Master

Thank you.  As long as this is the Sprint Sierra Wireless Tri-Fi, indicating that your Tri-Fi is connected to the Sprint LTE Network, I would recommend 2 things.  First, can you change locations, such as outside or down the street?  Slight variances in manufacturing from these two different manufacturers can create this scenario if you haven't tried multiple locations.  The TriFi may have a larger LTE antenna for example.  If it still won't connect outside or down the street, and the TriFi does, re-activate your phone.  ##72786# is a code you can dial into newer Sprint phones that wipes only the Sprint activation information.  You will need a special code for the EVO LTE.  You can call Customer Care and ask for assistance with this type of reset, or private message me by clicking on my avatar; although I'm almost off for the evening but will be available tomorrow. 

Last resort if the above trouble shooting steps are not resolving the problem, and you've ensured that CDMA + LTE is selected in your mobile networks settings, will be a hard reset. 

Let us know how it goes,

Tom Deaver

Sprint Tech ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat