cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE in Philadelphia Pa

Journeyman

LTE in Philadelphia Pa

Can someone tell me when LTE is suppossed to come to Philadelphia. They went all around Robinsons barnyard  so far, how much longer?

20 REPLIES 20
Wizard

Re: LTE in Philadelphia Pa

ATJONES4243,

It looks like Philly should be getting LTE within the next few months.  We dont have any exact dates yet. To stay on top of the roll out check out this link: www.sprint.com/4g. This is where our info is for 4G LTE we will update it when we are going to do the work in that particular area.

Master

You can also check on the Sensorly website for close to real-time updates of current signal acquisitions.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

No disrespect to Harrisburg, but I would think Sprint would want to get the 4G LTE to a bigger market.  All we keep hearing is 'soon', well soon isn't enough considering all of the recent 3G connection issues in the Philly area.  Maybe I should tell Sprint that I'll pay my bill 'soon'.

Journeyman

No disrespect to Harrisburg, but I would think Sprint would want to get the 4G LTE to a bigger market.  All we keep hearing is 'soon', well soon isn't enough considering all of the recent 3G connection issues in the Philly area.  Maybe I should tell Sprint that I'll pay my bill 'soon'.

Master

Here's the scenario. You have 2 markets, one that has 100 towers and one that has 10 towers. Both start receiving upgrades at the same time. Obviously, the market with 10 towers will be completed before the one with the 100 towers. Now imagine that all across the US.

It's not a perfect scenario, but it gives you an idea why you see all these little towns cropping up prior to some of the bigger ones. As markets get to around 50% completion, they announce it. The larger markets takes longer obviously.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I agree big time...I kept hearing LTE was going to be here in September 2012...now it may be here in 6 months to a year...that means there will be technology and my phone will already be obsolete as it is now without the LTE which was the reason I purchased my phone...

Journeyman

I agree with you jones the whole reason that i got my samsung gs III was because of the 4g lte yet i cant even get 4g regular and i am stuck behind all my friends who have it on different networks because i am on 3g yeah we got jelly bean but i cant use all the fetures because it needs 4g lte and i am stuck on 3g this is bull maybe I should have went to another network like tmobile or verizon because this is bull... and i do understand the big market small market thing but i live in philly where every other network including smaller ones like cricket and metro have 4g lte smh someone save me please.

Journeyman

I totally agree and I'm starting to think about leaving sprint for Verizon. Mostly than lately I had to turn roaming off because I had HUGE amount of problems placing and receiving calls.

Sprint really disappointed me with their LTE rollout.

Journeyman

I'll be sticking with my EVO (old) 4G handset until they get this LTE straightened out. Maybe they'll have something better than EVO LTE/Galaxy by then.

Journeyman

when I bought my Galaxy Nexus back in May 2012 they assured me LTE would be working by the end of the summer....when the end of the summer came & went and I asked them again they said November...then January...now I was told March...

my 3G speeds are ridiculously slow and 4G/LTE is a fairytale...

this might sound crazy but I'd like to use the device I paid for the way it was supposed to be used...not have to struggle with super-slow page loads, texts that fail to send and zero LTE...

verizon is looking pretty good right about now...

Journeyman

I agree i had 4g on my old evo work fine so now here they come with super fast 4g lte bull~#!*$ ok igo get the new evo lte and this is what i get ifell so kind of way no 4g and the 3g sucks so much i like sprint but man they suck wright now telling lte is here i don't have it i pay my bill on time and in full look what i get and get this i have 4g  on my hotspot go that nuts

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat