cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Sprint if EVO LTE pre order not recieved by the 18th ?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Leaving Sprint if EVO LTE pre order not recieved by the 18th ?

Leaving Sprint if EVO LTE pre order not recieved by the 18th ? How many people are tired of getting lied to ?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Leaving Sprint if EVO LTE pre order not recieved by the 18th ?

Well, I dont i will leave as yet. I love this phone so much that i dont mind waiting for up to a month, My original Evo is serving me just fine.

Highlighted
Wizard

I was wondering how long it would take some one to make this same old tired threat because they can't have their way.

READ the articles PLEASE. Sprint and HTC have NOTHING to do with the customs stuff. If you want to be mad at some one place your blame on Apple for suing the world and causing the phones to be held up in customs.

It's amazing how people are quick to blame everyone BUT the right parties where the blame needs to be placed simply by not reading or understanding what they have read.

ltedealbreaker wrote:

Leaving Sprint if EVO LTE pre order not recieved by the 18th ? How many people are tired of getting lied to ?

Journeyman

What do you not understand both parties knew of the problems before they took our hard earned money and lied to US

Wizard

What you don't understand is Apple filed this complaint in March of 2010 and there have been MILLIONS of phones shipped in and sold since. This has been a battle for over 2 years on how the phone handles incoming calls and texts and it is just now being enforced. Sounds more like Apple is scarred of this new line and are trying to keep it out until they can launch their new lines.

Again your blame is misplaced.

Big picture sir. View the WHOLE thing.

Oh and the ruling on this 2 year old complaint was handed down YESTERDAY and the pre-orders started 3 weeks ago.

ltedealbreaker wrote:

What do you not understand both parties knew of the problems before they took our hard earned money and lied to US

Journeyman

So SPRINT AND HTC has had since 2010 to correct the problem? Why is it that HTC says they have a quick fix yet they should of fixed it months ago?

Journeyman

No, ruling was made in December 2011. And the enforcement of shipments started on April 19 of 2012. So in retrospect Sprint did have knowledge of this before preorders. What I think happened is HTC thought they would be able to squeeze them through and Sprint went on their word. HTC knew the ATT one was stopped from entering back in April. Sprint should have used better judgement and not put all their faith in HTC. That being said, I think it is a bit ridiculous if this is the only reason someone leaves a cell company.

Wizard

Please see the information provided in this thread for more info. 

Journeyman

The sentiment is correct that this isn't really Sprint's fault but I do feel that Sprint is not handling this well. It's all over the news yet I've recieved no e-mail, no phone call, seen no official statement from Sprint. They are handling this almost as if they are putting their head in the sand and singing "LALALALA"

It's not their fault the phone was delayed, but it is their fault they have not communicated with pre-order people. If I didn't read online, I'd still think I'm getting a phone tomorrow. It is their fault they have not offered an easy way to cancel your pre-order. They CAN control how they interact with customers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat