cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lingering WiFi issue on the HTC EVO 4G LTE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lingering WiFi issue on the HTC EVO 4G LTE?

Now I'm not sure where this problem is coming form, whether it's form the app itself, the way the Evo handles back-ground apps, or if it's still the WiFi issue.

I can't say if this problem is 3G related too because this happened while I was connected to my home WiFi, but It's not like before the upate where the WiFi signal would just totally drop and I would have to wake the phone up for it to scramble between 3G and WiFi for a few seconds to get a WiFi signal again.

I noticed while downloading my albums from Google Play so that I could play them off-line, the download would completely stop and I would have to go back in-to the app for it to continue. Sometimes it would even say "download stopped, check your network connection".

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else was still having issues like these?

16 REPLIES 16
GrandMaster

Re: Lingering WiFi issue on the HTC EVO 4G LTE?

there has been an off again on again issue through the google play store with downloading/updating multiple things at once..could be the issue.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yea I tested downloading the albums while on 3G and it seemed to work a lot better, but it still stopped downloading and continued once I re-opened Google Play. My guess it's something with the app, or with the way Sense manages back-ground apps. Although with WiFi the connection seemed to drop a lot mor often.

GrandMaster

are you working with multiple apps at the same time or one by one (while in the play store)?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Not exactly. I usually only leave Messages, Gmail, and Clock open along with Play Music. System Pannel shows 140-170MB of RAM still unused.

Phone is still snappy even when I stress-tested it. Had Maps Navigaton giving me directions, Google Play streaming to my car stereo and playing Angry Birds... still smooth.

What I find wierd is that it just.. puts the download on hold until I wake the phone up and go fiddle around with it for a sec. Same thing happens while downloading updates on Google Play Store.

GrandMaster

not familiar with google play. what i DO know is ever since the google play store got changed up it has acted weird when trying to do multiple things at once. update multiple apps at once etc... i dont think running multiple things on the phone while trying to downoad or update something will cause it to stop..but if the play store itself is trying to do more than one thing at once it seems to have issues.

Journeyman

I was having the WiFi "connect-disconnect-connect problem at one location only and here's what I found and did to solve the problem:

At a business all was fine and at home all was fine, but at a neighbors house the on-off-on issue was a major issue for me and for an iPhone user as well!!

Scanned the network with a network analyzer and found that the Zoom DSL router WiFi was set to B+G (mixed mode).  Set the router to G mode only and problem was solved for my EVO LTE and neighbors iPhone as well.

No more disconnects and the WiFi serves our investment clubs 8 users with no issues at all now. YES!  I think that the EVO LTE outperforms some laptop in loading pages now with this issue solved!

-Rod

Master

And is this after performing the Device Update from a couple weeks ago?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Yes, the update is installed. It seems to me that the issue is the Sense app management itself. Like I said above, when on 3G the download completely stopped until I woke the phone up and fiddled around with it a bit (opened G-Mail, looked at Text-messages and such). On the other hand while connected to WiFi the download stopped much quicker (within 3-5 minutes). At this point I have no idea wether it's a OS or WiFi issue.

Master

I do know App Management is different on our phone then other phones, this was to make things more stable with Sense running. The result though is that if you are running allot of apps, some will be shutdown to make available resources they are using. There were a few heated discussions on other boards when this was first discovered.

But it should have no effect on data connectivity itself, only apps. Phone Specific apps take precedent, so the WiFi or 3G processes should never be affected. But something like OpenSignal or SpeedTest would be.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Is your phone by chance going to sleep when you have noticed the data connections stalling?

--

Journeyman

Yes, there is a problem with wifi.  Tried to stream music via wifi...keeps stopping.  Tried with my ipad, same wifi, and it works fine.  I am 1 month into this phone, guess I am stuck. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat