Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List all the problem with the new update here please

Highlighted
Journeyman

List all the problem with the new update here please

Hello all:

please list the problem with the phone after the JB update here?

Thanks

Tags (1)
77 REPLIES 77
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: List all the problem with the new update here please

1. Wifi is flaky.  It turns off randomly, and it turns off when the screen is off, regardless of how the phone is configured.  The symptom is that you see the phone switch to 3G or 4G momentarily and then back to wi-fi.  Of course when this happens, you lose all your connections too.

2. Can't permanently disable the "power saver."  If you turn it off, it turns right back on the next time the phone turns on.

That's just what I've seen so far.  Sprint screwed this one up pretty badly.  This is really obvious crap.  Dimwits.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Shutter sound in the camera can't be turned off... It's annoying...

Is there a way to turn the shutter sound off?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I havent had any problems with WiFi or Power saver. But my gps will stay on when no app is using it and my battery life has been greatly REDUCED even with power saver on

Highlighted
Journeyman

1) The Wifi is not only flaky. It doesn't WORK! I've owned the 4G LTE since June 2012 and have had nothing but Wifi problems. Before the update I was able to use my home wifi by setting the Phone to work on 2.4G only, now that works briefy then quits working. The Wifi signal reads excellent, but drops downloading after about 5 seconds then doesn't work at all. I called Sprint and was told that I needed to call HTC. SPRINT, I bought the phone from you, YOU need to call HTC! We need a solution, not a load of crap about "check your router" or call HTC.

2) Widgets: The new version got rid of the 4x1 PEOPLE widget, and has the the 4x4 PEOPLE widget only. I don't want an entire screen dedicated to calling only!

Other than that, the 4G LTE is a great phone, but unless you fix it;  HTC is going to go the way of the Palm One or the Blackberry. I'm going to give you 5 days then I'm going to every consumer website and rate this wonderful phone.

If this reply should happen to fall into the hands of someone, who can actually fix problems:

Phone: EVO 4G LTE

Hardware Version 003

Software ver: 3.15.651.16 710RD

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Josh! What Hardware version do you have? Thanks.

Highlighted
Master

LSHAFTER2 wrote:

1) The Wifi is not only flaky. It doesn't WORK! I've owned the 4G LTE since June 2012 and have had nothing but Wifi problems. Before the update I was able to use my home wifi by setting the Phone to work on 2.4G only, now that works briefy then quits working. The Wifi signal reads excellent, but drops downloading after about 5 seconds then doesn't work at all. I called Sprint and was told that I needed to call HTC. SPRINT, I bought the phone from you, YOU need to call HTC! We need a solution, not a load of **** about "check your router" or call HTC.

2) Widgets: The new version got rid of the 4x1 PEOPLE widget, and has the the 4x4 PEOPLE widget only. I don't want an entire screen dedicated to calling only!

Other than that, the 4G LTE is a great phone, but unless you fix it;  HTC is going to go the way of the Palm One or the Blackberry. I'm going to give you 5 days then I'm going to every consumer website and rate this wonderful phone.

If this reply should happen to fall into the hands of someone, who can actually fix problems:

Phone: EVO 4G LTE

Hardware Version 003

Software ver: 3.15.651.16 710RD

WiFi seems to have been having issues with some people. Come to find out, their phones had DLNA enabled. Turning it off fixed the problem for them. Not sure if it's the same problem your having or not. Not sure if your problem is the same. Have you verified the settings on your phone? Are you set on Auto or by chance was it changed to 5GHz instead of 2.4GHz?

People widget can be scaled, drag the People widget to the screen you want. Long press and when it hi-lites to move, let go. You will then be able to grab the top or bottom to resize. Now you can't drag to a 1x4 but you can drag it to a 2x4, 3x4 or leave it as a 4x4.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Not everyone who is having problems has DLNA enabled.  I don't, for example, and even after a factory reset, my problems persist.  Google has received hundreds of complaints of Wifi stability problems in Jellybean as well.  It's not just our imagination, and it's not necessarily anything you can configure your way out of.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34942

Journeyman

I use a blue tooth device while traveling.  I have a HTC 4G LTE phone. While the unit did not accept audio from the blue tooth in 4.0, at least the phone's mic would work, and work fairly well.  With the update, the program now BLOCKS voice input completely if a blue tooth device is connected.  This is a step backwards from providing hands free operation.  Just do now understand the thinking that must have gone into making this change.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since the update, my HTC EVO 4G LTE version 003 seems to have issues with the following:

~Bluetooth device will disconnect and reconnect at random.

~Voice calls on my end were distorted, caller can hear fine.

~Camera shutter sound can't be silenced not by turning ringer down/ off.

~Sounds: Ringer, Alerts & System sounds are locked together

Highlighted
Journeyman

1) worse data connection, both 3G and 4G in both ATL and Philly

2) worse battery life, related to data?

3) worse call quality

4) No longer a setting that I can find to force "charge only" when connected to a PC thus allowing anyone who has my phone to access its files even with the screen lock on

5) All sounds are at full volume, but I cant hear the notification sound for texts, the vibration is louder than the notification

6) This was a problem before, but getting more annoying. The screen doesnt turn back on when I move the phone from my ear durring a call so I often cant hang up.

7) Cant seem to add "I'll" to the dictionary, it alwyas suggests Ill or ignores the "I'" and wants to add "ll" as a word

Otherwise, Love it

Highlighted
Journeyman

1) The battery life has decreased sadly.

2) HTC took away my 4x4 Full card stock widegt essentially making my experience useless. can i get this back or download an old apk of it?

3) HTC also put in some hideous calculator widgets.  I want my clear HTC calculator widget back u bastards.  I think most people would agree the selection on 2 ugly as s### calculator widgets in this jelly been update makes the device even less appealing.  If wanted an ugly as sin UI, I'd go with Samsung but I didn't..iI bought HTC for simplicity and widgets... which they took away and I want my money back!

4) the phone now acts buggy at times.  The screen doesn't want to turn off or it won't come on sometimes during a call.

5). The new keyboard is a pain to use now as they changed.  And sometimes I cant make the keyboard leave the screen or it gets stuck on top of half the app and I have to exit and start again to make it work.

6) Also the Weather lockscreen no longer can figure out when it is night time or day so it just stays on daytime all the time.

7) this new update sucks...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat