cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List all the problem with the new update here please

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: List all the problem with the new update here please

Ok update on the issues I was having. I did a master reset after verifying all was backed up. Verified all was cleared and then restored everything and it works like a charm now. I cant answer about the battery performence yet because i just did the restore so I will update you all on the batter performance in either 6 hours like before or hopefully in 24 hours like it was before the update to 4.1.1 Sorry all I can say is reset reset reset... It works.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm hoping that Sprint it taking these complaints into consideration and try to fix them ASAP

Highlighted
Journeyman

Many are saying the camera shuter sound wont turn off. Thats because in many states its elegal to have a camera that takes pictures with no sound that way some one cant be fotographed elegaly. So i have no issue with the camera sound not being able to be turned off. What are you taking pictures of that you don't want them to know your taking pictures?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm also having the same problems. GPS is freezing and my screen does not turn back on while on a phone call unless I hit the power button. The GPS problem is especially bad.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you name one state in which it is "elegal" to take a "fotograph" without an audible shutter sound?

Journeyman

Missing upcoming calendar notifications/events in calendar widget.  Is anyone having this problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well first of all the sound is annoying... plus there are many ways to photograph someone ( digital camera) so that law you made up is haliarous ....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry I didnt make it up look it up your self. I knew a few years ago that was coming. Japan its not allowed to make a digital camera with out sound. Look around the web Google heard of it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No I am sorry cant I can name a country Japan. It is in some states in USA read about it in 2007. Look it up in google. I just did and they say they were passing it back in 2008 but I cant find if they did.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know you probably dont want to hear this but did you do a full factory reset? My gps, WiFI, Bluetooth, Browser and text were all messed up after the update. I did a full backup then a full reset restored from backup and its all working fine gps, bluetooth wifi, browser and the batter was going dead in under 6 hours its been a little under 6 hours and I am still at 90% and i have had the bluetooth and gps on.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

odds are it was something that was in the process of being pushed out as a law...sprint like many other companies jumped on it before hand..last i heard it DIDNT pass..which unless there is ANOTHER reason the option to quiet the shutter sound isnt happening then sprint/the manufacturer will eventually get around to changing it back..

for what its worth seeing as how you guys had the ability to quite it before the JB update im wondering if it was a decision with either HTC, Google or sprint to change it up?...the SIII has never had the ability to quiet the shutter sound...ever..

spatula1975 wrote:

Can you name one state in which it is "elegal" to take a "fotograph" without an audible shutter sound?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I too am experiencing terrible battery life after the update.  Probably getting about half of what I used to.  Also having the problem where the phone screen will turn off or on inappropriately when making a call.  All in all, I am longing for the days of ICS.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat