Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List all the problem with the new update here please

Highlighted
Journeyman

List all the problem with the new update here please

Hello all:

please list the problem with the phone after the JB update here?

Thanks

77 REPLIES 77
Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery life has gone from great to horrible

Wallpaper randomly changes from the one I have selected

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's the only thing to do when you have all those problems after an update.But people will not do it they rather whine and post multiple times about the same problem! Sorry but you have to do something if you want the phone to work ...or take it to the store and they will do it for you.

Journeyman

I'm not sure what you're referring to -- maybe a hard reset for factory reset or something?  If so, that's not a good answer at all.  As a customer of Sprint, I expect updates to take place smoothly and without me having to wipe the brown stains off my phone after they finish crapping it up.  I don't have hours and hours to repair the damage done by these kinds of "upgrades."  If my phone were simply a toy or a play thing I use to connect to facebook or soemthing silly and if I liked tinkering around, I'd be more aggreeable to having Sprint wack out my phone.

Timbx wrote:

It's the only thing to do when you have all those problems after an update.But people will not do it they rather whine and post multiple times about the same problem! Sorry but you have to do something if you want the phone to work ...or take it to the store and they will do it for you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree. But I admit I didn't want to either didn't want to loose stuff but with all the backup ways now its as simple as 2 or 3 key presses.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thislatestupdateisanightmare. usingSwypebeta, noautospacing

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not only did it not pass, it was introduced way back in 2009, had no cosponsors, and never made it out of committee.  As bills go, it's dead, dead, dead.  Very, very dead.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Then take the phone to a sprint store they will do it for you it only takes a short time not all day.You contacts will come back along with your programs from the play store and you have a working phone that's what's important..right!They are too many variables to guaranty every phone will act the same just like any computer.Everyone was asking when will we get JB everyday, when, ,when ,when ok you got it and still not happy...All I'm saying is if you want the phone to work either do the reset or take it to sprint it's not going to fix itself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Simply resetting the phone is not going to correct most of the bugs I personally reported -- the bugs are "features" now.  I can reset all day long and it's not going to help much.

Secondly, not all of us were asking about JB...in fact, some of us didn't even care about JB.  I only want phone which functions as well (or better) than the one I purchased.  I don't expect handicaps.

Lastly, if Sprint/HTC is unable to deliver an update without creating so many issues, perhaps they should have beta tested a bit more.  It's not our fault that they rushed out the door with an update.

Timbx wrote:

Then take the phone to a sprint store they will do it for you it only takes a short time not all day.You contacts will come back along with your programs from the play store and you have a working phone that's what's important..right!They are too many variables to guaranty every phone will act the same just like any computer.Everyone was asking when will we get JB everyday, when, ,when ,when ok you got it and still not happy...All I'm saying is if you want the phone to work either do the reset or take it to sprint it's not going to fix itself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you do a Factory reset it should have you tried it...not just a reset.You can't test for everything come on for every program that may cause a problem get real NOBODY does!The update worked on my phone I have none of you problems and it does work better than when I purchased it.Sorry but them's the breaks...Just take it to a store...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know how you use your phone and if you do anything more complex than play a game and check out Facebook.  Many of us depend on our phones for more complex things.  Most of the issues for which I complained were actually design flaws now described as features.  Resetting the phone doesn't change issues such as

- forcing a sync to download hundreds of G+ contacts as a default (I changed it back)

- reducing battery sime significantly

- lowering response time in bluetooth voice requests

- keeping camera clicks after you mute the phone

- Frequently unable to connect to google for voice searches while giving the error "Can't reach Google at the Moment"

- Dramatically increasing the number of steps and time involved in using voice commands to do simple things like "Call Marsha Brady" and "Text Marsha Brady"

- Removing arrow keys on the keyboard forcing us to have to turn these options back on

- Putting the mic button over the period button rather than letting it have its on space (it was even better on the original EVO when the button was actually on the phone itself)

- Not confirming spoken address information when using the "navigate to" feature.....so it frequently looks up the wrong location without giving the chance to correct it

- Removing the 4x1 contact widget

- Removing phone number information when using a google search to search for a local business...you have to click through the address to get to the number and now the number is no longer hotlinked.

Therre are other issues too...these are just the first few that popped in my mind that mostly they have nothing to  do with resetting or rebooting or whatever.  These are pure design flaws mostly.  These kinds of issues are usually due to situations where the designers don't themselves use the device on which they're working. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I use my phone for work,everyday not just as a "Toy" that's why I  need a phone to work.Again my phone works maybe I know how to set it up to work for me...that must be it.Whatever get a new phone you seem not happy with this one just take it back and get a Kyocera that may work for you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Beats Solo headphones no longer work with my HTC 4GLTE after JellyBean update and i am furious about this.Other headphones work but when i plug in the Solos the phone does not even acknowledge that anything is even plugged into the headphone port.smh I took mmy phone to Sprint techs and they did the hard reset and erased everything from my phone for nothing casue the headphone port still does not recognize the Beats Solo headphone.

How can this be fixed?

I need to listen to my music with my Beats Solos!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat