Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List all the problem with the new update here please

Journeyman

Re: List all the problem with the new update here please

Timbx wrote:

...get a Kyocera that may work for you.

Sorry, didn't mean to hit a sensitive spot.  I too am a fanboy of both Sprint and EVO and HTC, but I will gladly admit limitations and issues as they arrive rather than just believe a reboot cures all ills.  Other than being annoyed at them totally bungling the release of this current device, I've been quite happy and content with this phone.  It worked exactly the way I needed.  I simply didn't expect they would bungle an update with so many poorly developed aspects -- NONE of which have anything to do with rebooting the phone.  The points I mentioned above are design and usability flaws (some of which are touted as features).

Take, for example, the fact that playing voice mail no longer works in my 2012 Jeep via bluetooth.  The software was changed.  When I press to hear my voicemail, instead of suddenly hearing it over my Jeep's speakers (as I've done for 8 months), I now hear nothing -- not from the phone and certainly not from the Jeep.  Sorry, that's a flaw.

Take, for example, that I want to call the Pizza Hut around the corner.  I hit the google mic button and name the place.  Instead of popping up their name with a hotlinked phone number, I'm  given a google map with three options -- none of which have numbers listed.  When I tap the correct location, it is is plotted on a map.....but still no phone number.  If I need more information (and I certainly do because the point of it was to get the phone number), I have to tap the screen yet again to get to more info on the location....  So, instead of tapping the screen once, saying Pizza Hut, and tapping the phone number (three steps), I now have to tap the mic, say the name, click the location to display on a map, click the map to open the location, and then click call...  instead of three steps I now have six steps -- they've double the amount of interaction.

These two examples are small (mostly), but they are design flaws which make the product less useable (and certainly more dangerous if used in a car).  These are just two of many examples.  So yeah, I'm a fanboy too and I like Sprint and EVO, but seriously, this update blows and is riddled with errors and design flaws in the guise of "features."

Journeyman

I'm not a fanboy of Sprint or HTC that is why my next phone will be a Google Nexus xx and unlocked but my phone works for me that's all.

Journeyman

Timbx wrote:

I'm not a fanboy of Sprint or HTC that is why my next phone will be a Google Nexus xx and unlocked but my phone works for me that's all.

Maybe it'd be more correct to say that I *used* to be a Fanboy.... The way Sprint handled the EVO release and now these current issues combined with the fact that Sprint still haven't released 4G LTE anywhere near me and pretty much eroded my loyalty.  I've been with Sprint since 1997 and now I'm questioning my sanity.

Personally, the Samsung Note is looking awfully good to me.

Journeyman

Yes i was thinking the same thing.The Samsung Galaxy note 2 was the original phone that i wanted but i could not wait so i got the EVOLTE.Now i REALLY wish i had just waited a few more months before i used up my upgrade.Now i am seriously just thinking about just plunking down the $300 that it costs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since my update 80% of the time my text fail.. I have updated PRL as customer service advice but it keeps happening.. I reset my cell thinking it would go back to ICS but unfortunately it did not..It did go down to like 40% fails but I never had that problem before (besides when my tower was down a month earlier).

The problems I have had that I have noticed as of now are;

1. Camera is not silent anymore, that was one of the reasons I stuck with HTC for so long.
  2. After taking a screenshot and sending it by text, its resolutions diminish dramatically and its contents can't be read, it never happened with the ICS.
  3. I can't shrink pictures, I can zoom in with both fingers but cant minimize them like I used to.

The good thing is I notice when you block a person it blocks the text as well which I love.. besides that as anxious as I was to receive the update I'm completely disappointed. The worse part is I used my upgrade to get the HTC EVO LTE so now I'm stuck with it until I get some extra $ to switch to the galaxy family.

Journeyman

I've gotta say that the only thing that has stood out as an issue since the update...has been that when I first tried to use the Voice Dialer, it said App not Installed. I just installed a voice dialer app and moved on...

Master

Cidelis wrote:

1. After taking a screenshot and sending it by text, its resolutions diminish dramatically and its contents can't be read, it never happened with the ICS.

In case anyone is wondering what she's referring to, see the following attached images.

The following image is the original Screenshot on my phone which has the following image characteristics,

Size: 458kb,  Resolution: 720x1280

Screenshot_2012-12-15-17-45-27.png

The following image is what happens when you attach using the default Messaging app, it has the following image characteristics,

Size: 22.93kb   Resolution: 270x480

Screenshot_2012-12-15-17-45-27a.png

And before you ask, MMS is set to 1MB for Maximum Message Size.

THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE/PROBLEM AS MENTIONED IN THE FOLLOWING THREAD CREATED JULY 20TH,

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/450924#450924

And in case anyone is wondering, using a 3rd party app (Handcent) this is what happens to the same image, it has the following image characteristics,

Size: 266kb   Resolution: 405x720

imagepng_2.png

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

just wanted to also point out that the last update for Handcent jacked it up on my end lol..instead of just sending a pic it now does some weird loading screen..then eventually gives you the option to send it..grumble

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Factory reset is an unacceptable solution... heck so everytime they throw an update we have to reset our phones?? ITS CALLED AN UPDATE.. UPDATE for me means improvements not breaking the phone and then doing a factory reset... this sprint problem not mine... they have to fix all the issues with an update... because a factory reset is not a solution...

GrandMaster

hate to say it but i agree with this..at the least find a way to reset things within the phone that doesnt whipe everything off of it and put you right back to square one every time..not a drastic measure but its for sure a pain to set everything back up every time its done..some have said they use a back up app to help with this but i dont think it saves things like game info so you go right back to where you were..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am so frustrated by the horrible battery life after the upgrade.  Previously I could easily get a day of normal usage out of a full charge in the morning. I get about half that now.

I don't know why, but I may have a clue. This seems suspicious based on the attached screen shots...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxnz6n1xbgo19t5/Screenshot_2012-12-20-06-27-36.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/okeje1m7f0b5tnm/Screenshot_2012-12-20-06-28-26.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umpanwgjv02xao1/Screenshot_2012-12-20-06-28-52.png

As you can see from the shots, I used the phone a bit in the evening, but even after I turned the screen off, the phone was awake using the WiFi connection for quite a bit between 9:30 and midnight when I wasn't using it.  I set the phone aside at around midnight, yet the internet (57% processor) and the WiFi kept operating all night long to drain my battery by 10%. Strangely, the battery level went up after the internet usage was off. All the while, the phone should have been asleep. But the phone wakes often through the night without turning the screen on.

Why is this doing this?

What information is being captured and sent?

What the hell is the internet APP doing with my phone all night long?

Should I be paranoid???

I did a virus scan on my phone, and no security risks were found. 

I don't want to have to manually turn off the WiFi anteana just to keep my phone from sucking the battery down.  I never had to do this before with previous software. 

This all seems all very strange. I thought this Connection Manager would sort all of this out and only use connections when needed. I thought that the power saver feature would improve battery performance.

I hope that Sprint, Google, and HTC can work this out quickly because these significant issues are not trivial, and completely degrade the user experience.

Master

Under Advanced WiFi settings, change "Keep WiFi on during sleep" from Always to Never as it was before the update.

You can also try disabling SCO and manually controlling when it switches from 3G to WiFi and LTE. Though it's not scanning all the time for available WiFi connections, it is scanning every so often. Something it wasn't doing prior to the update.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat