I have a problem when calling, the screen blanking feature enables without raising the phone to my ear, and then I cannot use the screen features until the call disconnects...
ever since the jellybean update my GPS freezes last night i was in downtown dallas,I got lost, i did a reset and it just freezes!! when calling i cant hang up! the screen wont turn on unless I push the power/unlock button, swype is now terrible!! horrible quality! and I hate the stupid power saver on the notification bar! this is my last htc phone for sure!!!
Oh where to start.
1st my WiFi is fine other than even with the new power save feature off WiFi keeps turning itself back on.
2nd if I'm on a incoming call that's not in my address book I hang up it asks if I want to add to my address. book I choose yes and the keyboard goes all garbled so I can't type anything.
3rd If I open the browser I have a url box I put in a url it goes there and then the url box disappears. Normally you go to top of page then drag finger down and it comes back not any more can't get it back unless I close browser and reopen it.
4th. Battery life went from about 24 hours stand by ( no Bluetooth no WiFi no GPS) to about 6 hours.
5th. In the browser under setting you can use LAB if you activate It you push your thumb lleft to right on screen and it would pop up not any more I activate it push my thumb nothing happens.
So all in all this update was a joke. I have had this phone 3 Months. I called Sprint they told me to take it to local store and they will give me a replacement refurbished of course. I use to work as a tech at a cell call center for 6 years I have been using HTC since 2005 the 8500 then 2.5 years ago I got the EVO 4G unfortunately I dropped it and the WiFi and Bluetooth stopped working so I got me this EVO 4G LTE and I loved it till 3 days ago when the evil 4.1.1 came out.
Regarding the WiFi turning itself back on. This is most likely a result of the new Connections Optimizer which requires WiFi to be turned on so it can manage the connection properly. You can turn it off under the Mobile Network option in Settings.
Regarding the KB, try switching to the Swype KB and see if it does the same. That will tell us if it's both KB's or just the HTC KB.
Regarding URL box. Haven't experienced that one myself. I'm assuming this is the stock browser?
Regarding battery, do you have allot of 3rd party apps installed? Not all the apps have been updated to JB. I did a hard reset and ran my phone in stock form using only the apps installed for messaging, mail, web, etc.. and was still able to get over 24 hours on mine.
Regarding browser, I'm familiar with that feature, but haven't tried it since instlaling JB, will try and report back.
most of that sounds like its due to the connections optimizer..go into your settings-wireless and networks-mobile networks-automatic connections..uncheck the connections optimizer..then go through and shut off your wifi and try again with the power saver mode..odds are the wifi kept shutting off due to the power saver mode..power saver mode kept switching on most likely due to the connections optimizer..worst case scenario this wont work..but it wont hurt anything trying eh?
1. Wifi is flaky. It turns off randomly, and it turns off when the screen is off, regardless of how the phone is configured. The symptom is that you see the phone switch to 3G or 4G momentarily and then back to wi-fi. Of course when this happens, you lose all your connections too.
2. Can't permanently disable the "power saver." If you turn it off, it turns right back on the next time the phone turns on.
That's just what I've seen so far. Sprint screwed this one up pretty badly. This is really obvious ****. Dimwits.
i have been hearing more and more reports about this..unfortunatley i dont have the phone in front of me or i would say yay or nay to the new KB..someone said that the mic is accessable by long pressing the "."
uhm..by long pressing the period if it wasnt understandable up there lol..someone try this please and post if it works or just kicks you out something else. im also not sure if the mic was removed from just the HTC keyboard or both the swype and HTC keyboard.
Just did the update a few days ago, and now my headphones will not work on my phone. I have Skullcandy Aviators, which worked just fine before the update, and still work fine on my wife's HTC EVO 4g LTE without the update, but my phone does not detect that they are plugged in.
I did have the conections optimiser turned off I just checked again and its still off. Last night i did that post from the Evo and the WiFi turned its self on 8 times I am about to toss this POS in the trash cancel my account and go to T-Moble at least they have 4G in AZ. I so wish there was a way to go back to the original version before 4.1.1 oh yes sorry I am using the browser that came installed. I never installed any other browsers.I called my local Sprint store and they said due to an issue with the 4.1.1 update they are currently out of stock of the Evo 4G LTE phones for replacement (AKA used and refurbished) due to swaping out so many.
Results for me after Jellybean update:
- Camera shutter sound is no longer silent when Ringer Volume is either in silent or vibrate mode.
- Wallpaper picture no longer scrolls with you as you swipe left or right.
- Bluetooth functionality for my 2012 Chevy Cruze is flaky (previous update had fixed this...now back to flakiness).
- Default Mail app - still no option to automatically fit the body of an email to your screen to avoid moving the email around to read it.
- "Macro" which replaced "Close-up" does not function like "Close-up" did, with it's distinct ability to focus on an object very close up. After much testing, for me this camera option operates the same as "Normal".
- A Facebook event, whether for one day or many days, when accepted at first but then declined, cannot be removed from displaying on the Calendar app or widgets, though synced with Facebook. The app makes such an event a daily occurance requiring action each day. Deleting the entire event from your personal Facebook has no affect.
- Battery life is definitely extremely poor now.