cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Issues with Google Hangouts

Journeyman

Re: MMS Issues with Google Hangouts

I'm on Version 2.0.216 on my EVO LTE and it still has the same problems, cannot send nor receive mms. When I try to send/receive on WiFi I noticed that 3G tries to kick back in as if it has turned off WiFi but the WiFi icon never officially goes away so my phone displays as if I am running on 3G and WiFi simultaneously. Weird crap, wish SOMEONE would get their S*@t together. It's bad enough that Sprint has screwed us on the whole 4G thing for 3 years now, now if I want to use Hangouts I can't send or receive MMS. Granted I might cut them some slack since it is likely Google's fault not Sprint's.

Journeyman

yeaaaa, we have really tough first world problems eh? haha. On that note, socks when things like 4G don't happen for you tho. My 4G's been on blast for about 1.5yrs now. Pretty much whole town. Surrounding towns, not so much haha. But yea, it's mostly a Google issue that this update was SPECIFICALLY made to fix. Looks like all the types of this wrong All used by the app have not been ironed out. In other words, please try to be patient while this not done by anyone on Android service is rolled out to millions of people. There might be a few hiccups.

Master

Good afternoon! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you need additional assistance, let us know. If we do not hear back from you in 48 hours we will consider the case resolved.

*Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

WHAAAAAATT!? There was no so solution or suggest in your post at all. "hi hello, if you're busy and can't get back in 2 days we'll just swipe thus under rug." seriously? Please get ahold of Google and address the EvoLTE apn issue. That is what will solve this. Until then, this thread should remain open. We'll let you kno when our problem is fixed.

Thank you for your reply fiiiiinally,

-Scott

Master

I am here for you, and want to help as much as I can. I also personally use Hangouts, and have no issues with the MMS feature (GS4 on the Sprint network). Are you able to send MMS messages through the stock text messaging app? Other than troubleshooting data, “Hangouts” is a Google app (3ed party) and is not supported by Sprint. You may need to submit feedback to the app its self to get things resolved.
Thanks!
Samantha
Sprint Social Care Team

Master

One thing I noticed with Hangouts when sending/receiving MMS messages is that it wants to turn on 3G/4G when my Wi-Fi is already on. This causes it to never work.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Thanks a bunch. Enabling Data on my phone allowed me to download the MMS..(galaxy nexus on Ringplus)

Journeyman

This question was never answered. It's terribly disappointing to see how impossible it is to get decent help with a phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Google hangouts on sprint works perfect, everything from animated gif, all MMS *except the limits that Google handouts has which is pathetic, no multi photo/albums, sound files, music files, & that socks big time. But everything works good. I have kk 4.4.2 in nexus 5 & hangouts 2.1. Could that be the reason it works? I've read that sprint can send MMS the data so if that is so then it shouldn't have any limits, if Google hangouts is using Wi-Fi & data for MMS then we should be allowed to use all MMS features.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat