cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Sucks on this phone :)

Master

MMS Sucks on this phone :)

Hear me out.

Used to be on the OEVO, you got an MMS message, open the pic and it filled the screen pretty close. This was due to the fact that the resolution was 480x800 pixels (217ppi), so if someone took a picture at max resolution of the camera and sent it to you, it was reduced to a smaller version which fit nicely on the display of the OEVO. For instance, an image that measured 1952x3264 would be reduced to 382x640 and would fill in the majority of the display.

However, the LTEVO has a display resolution of 720x1280 (312ppi), so that same image would appear as slightly larger then a Thumbnail image on the display, see the example below.

7610529840_2d842693a7.jpg

Lot of wasted space. And when you double tap to zoom or pinch zoom, the picture looks fuzzy.

Now, imagine if someone sends you a smaller picture that was originally 640x480, soon as it is converted to MMS, it's even smaller. And in some cases almost worthless to zoom as there is probably no detail left to get a decent view.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

Re: MMS Sucks on this phone :)

nothing to change up how they display within settings?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Nothing that I could find. You can change the maximum message size up to 1M, but I sent that picture to myself and it got reduced from 1.27M (1952x3264) to 34.10k (382x640).

Options available for MMS include the following,

• Auto-Retrieve - On/Off
  • Roaming Auto-Retrieve - On/Off
  • Maximum Message Size - 300k, 600k, 1M
  • Attachement Storage - Phone or SD Card
  • Connection Settings - uneditable, points to SprintPCS MMS server

I believe it's a limit on the server.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

This goes along with a complaing I have with the gmail app for 4.0

The gmail app on the ogevo would allow for nice sized pics in a preview form

The new app shows them in a much smaller thumbnail that I have to download in order to view them to actually make out what it is.

This would be my only realy complaint of ICS.

Master

I'm thinking the reasoning is so it's more uniform from one attachment to the next. But yeah, wish it was bigger there as well.

--

Master

After almost a year and a half and, what's it been, 4 updates? We finally got this fixed with the update that started becoming available yesterday/today.

Thank you.

--

Master

Re: MMS Sucks on this phone  :)

Wow... Am I the only one that cares that this was fixed?

--

Wizard

smotrs,

I care! Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm glad this was resolved as i know it was quite a nuisance to you.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

Carlos, thanks. Yeah, it was as nuisance. I know if several other threads on the same subject. So hopefully those users noticed the fix as well.

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat