cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major problems after update..HELP!!

Journeyman

Major problems after update..HELP!!

My HTC evo lte suggested an update a few days ago, I did the update and am now havng tons of trouble. Nothing is on, but my battery is being killed fast, when I try to make calls 95% of the time, it gives me a busy signal and tells me that the network isn't working, when I try to send text messages too, I get an error telling me that there was a radio interferance. As well as anytime I try to get back to my main screen, it says loading for about 2 minutes, when trying to get into the text messages, it takes me about 4 trys as I am rediected to the list of messages everytime. It just seems to be really slow and not working well at all now. I had no problems before this newest update.
In my about phone section, it says that the Hardware Version is 0002 and the Software Version is 4.02.651.2 710RD
Software info is Android version 4.0.3
HTC Sense Version 3.6

Please someone help me either fix this or revert back to the previous version!!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Major problems after update..HELP!!

chantalrdj,

I understand how frustrating this must be, can you let us know if you tried powering down your device for 1 minute? We aren't aware of any known issues with this device after the update. If you have already powered down your device and it hasn't helped, please let me know what other troubleshooting steps you have taken.

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks for your response. I have tried powering it down twice. I was able to get into the screen with the options for safemode and whatnot, but didn't know what to do after that! So no other troubleshooting steps have been taken!

chantalrdj,

Thanks for the information, at this point if resetting the phone hasn't helped I would suggest performing a factory reset. Do you have all your information backed up?

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care

Master

Ahmm. Your numbers appear to be for a different phone. There is no 4.02.651.2 710RD software version for the LTEVO, were still on 3.16.651.3 710RD. Android version is 4.1.1 and Sense is at 4+.

Screenshot_2013-03-07-14-24-30.png

Sure your not sporting a EVO Design 4G?

That said. I would also recommend a Factory Reset or a Hard Reset.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Oh no! Some how I missed the LTE part haha! Yes I have the EVO design 4G.
What exactly would a factory reset do? Is there a way I can just undo the update??

Master

A Factory Reset will essentially make your device like brand new but with the current OS. You will lose all your data that isn't sync or stored on a cloud server somewhere or on your SD Card.

There are only a couple ways to return to a previous version. Find a RUU file for that version and install that either as an executable from your PC or by copying it and renaming it to your SD Card. The other way is to see if your local Sprint Repair center can flash you back to the previous version.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

Sorry to resurrect this thread after a month, but I'm new to this group and don't really know what to do. I just got an EVO 4G LTE days ago as a replacement for the EVO Design 4G that had. I was fed up with that one after all of the problems that plagued it after the ICS update. They got progressively worse to the point where I just couldn't stand it anymore, and was looking to go to another provider. After lots of thought and a good deal, I decided to get either a Samsung Galaxy S III or an EVO 4G LTE and stick with Sprint. I got a better deal on the EVO and decided to go with it. Now, to my dilemma. I've noticed the notification for this update. My question are: have the problems that I've been reading about (battery life, app crashes, camera issues, text failures, media and SD card issues, etc.) been solved, and can someone possibly give me some information about the problems I've been having? This one is running ICS still, but I've noticed that the stock web browser closes randomly and music that I play random skips or goes silent for a few seconds. It's stored on my SD card, and 8 GB Class 6.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat