cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages appear to be intact but cannot be viewed or edited. What is the resolution?

Journeyman

Messages appear to be intact but cannot be viewed or edited. What is the resolution?

I cannot see text messages on phone. If I use the "Search" function, then the messages appear; however, when I try to open each one, the messages "disappear". Messages appear to be intact but cannot be viewed or edited. What is the resolution?

15 REPLIES 15
Wizard

Re: Messages appear to be intact but cannot be viewed or edited. What is the resolution?

b4imold01:

Thank you for reaching out to us.  I’d love to assist in getting this resolved.  Are you using the original texting app or one downloaded? Is the device rooted?  How long has this been happening?  Have you downloaded any apps right before this started to take place (even if not associated with messaging)?  Let me know and I’ll get right on finding a resolution. 

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

Message was edited by: JTH_BigPopa

Journeyman

Re: Messages appear to be intact but cannot be viewed or edited. What is the resolution?

Hello Jon H.

I am using the original messaging app which came with the phone.  The phone is an HTC EVO 4G LTE.  This started happening within the last 1.5 weeks and only with one particular contact.  All other messages from other contacts do not share this problem.  I have not downloaded any news apps from this contact nor have I downloaded any new apps from any other source during this time. I cannot recall if I had any apps updated during this period. I have tried turning the phone on and off but to no avail.

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Wizard

1. Thank you for the reply and information. 

Since you are only having this problem with one particular contact it is not likely to be an issue with your phone.  But, let’s do a bit more digging and together figure this out!

I’m going to suggest asking that contact if anyone else is having issues receiving text messages from them.  Also, you want to know what type of device they have and on which carrier.  You also want to ask if that person is using a downloaded app to send text messages. 

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi Jon -

I suppose I should have been more clear with my statement.  I do have text message issues with all my contacts [such as receiving messages out of chronological order]; however, none of the others are "disappearing". With that said, the contact with the text issue has been with a different carrier [Verizon] for some time [before this issue arised].  That person's phone is iPhone.  And not having issues with text message using the standard app that comes with the iPhone.

GrandMaster

try to take a screen shot of what youre seeing and post it in here..a visual is always better and easier to figure out than trying to explain what is going on...and as usual avoid any personal info if it can be avoided..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

That is the problem.  The text messages are not there.  If I search by the contact name/number, the messages appear along with the contact name/number.  When I click on the message to open it, it disappears.

Wizard

b4imold01:

1. The texts coming out of order is likely due to either an outage in your area (or the senders area) or tower upgrades in either or both areas.  Let me have your zip and two cross streets and I’ll check that.  I’m sure that is not contributing to the texts from one contact being weird right now. 

I want to do some troubleshooting on your device.  Please let me know which software version is on it.  To find the version, follow these steps:  http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Check_the_software_version_HTC_EVO_4G_LTE/38234-93.  I ask you to do this because there are two software versions for that device.

1. H.

Sprint Social Care Team

GrandMaster

walk me through the steps youre doing..cuz im a bit lost..this is through your text app or some other source?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

b4imold01:

While fireguy_6364 is not a Sprint employee he is quite knowledgeable and vey crafty at finding information.   Please, do feel free to post and share.  There are many folks who frequent our forums that provide useful and accurate information other than those of us in Social Care.  We welcome the sharing of ideas.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

1. Tap on the messaging icon which came with the phone - HTC EVO 4G LTE.  I have not downloaded any other txt msg app.  Using the one that was already installed on the phone.

2. No messages showing to/from Person A.  But wait, I know there should be some messages because I have not  deleted any.

3. Tap on the SEARCH icon [the magnifying glass on this phone].

4. Type Person A in the search box.

5.  WOW -- all messages received and sent to Person A is shown under Person A's name.

6. I click on one of those messages to open and the message disappears.

Should I just visit a local Sprint store to get this one resolved?  It does appear that I need to show someone what it is I see.  As you stated earlier, it is tedious to try to describe my current situation.

Wizard

Not just yet.  Please follow the steps I provided in my previous response.  I don’t want you to have to travel to t store just yet.  Let me know the software version on the phone first and we’ll go from there.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat