ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimedia Message Issues

Journeyman

Multimedia Message Issues

When I ever recieve a picture, I try to open it, it doesn't fill the screen, it will be just a small thumbnail size picture. so i have to zoom in, which will get all fuzzy, Even though the picture on the original phone it's full and clear.

My friends and I tested it from an Iphone4 and SGSII, so i'm assuming it's not the sender problem, it's my phone.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Multimedia Message Issues

It's an issue with the Messaging App itself on this phone. I touched on this in another thread as well, but have since been emailing HTC for a resolution. Keep in mind, MMS messages have a limited bandwidth threshold for messages. So when you take a picture with your phone or any phone and attach it to an MMS it's reduced in size/resolution so that it can be sent over the air. However, the App seems to be reducing them more then needed.

You can read more about it on the following thread. 

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/94622?tstart=120

One thing you can verify is that you are at the highest setting,

Messages > Menu > Settings > Multimedia Messages > Maximum Message Size

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

BTW, don't tell FireGuy I said this, but it works fine with the HandCent app. That same picture I mention in the other thread comes in at around 578kb using the default 1mb limit. Only problem is it requires you to now have 2 messaging apps on the phone, the default and a 3rd party.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

That's a shame, a premium phone cant even open MMS, HTC needs to find a solution for that, basic phones can do better then that when it comes to sending pics and recieiving the original size.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat