cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW EVO LTE HAS SATURATION PROBLEM

Journeyman

NEW EVO LTE HAS SATURATION PROBLEM

Attention Sprint:

Please pass this on to HTC or whomever, as you are about to lose a customer if this isn't resolved with an OTA update.....very quickly.  And I'm sure thousands upon thousands of others will have the same issue.

The color saturation on the display, which you can't change except when taking a new photo, is totally out of whack.  Look at any photo of fair (white) human flesh on your computer monitor, old Evo 4G, HD TV, etc. and then look at it on the new EVO LTE.  The new EVO LTE makes all flesh look orange or pink.  When you open the camera app, put your hand in front of the camera and you'll see it looks orange or pink on the display (if you have fair skin).  If you go into the settings, change the saturation to -1, and it will look perfect through the camera.  That saturation tweak is essentially what HTC needs to do with an OTA update very quickly.  It's so bad, it's unbearable.  All other colors seem ok, but not fair skin tone.  I look like I had one of those spray on tans done to me on every single photo I view on this phone.

72 REPLIES 72
Journeyman

Re: NEW EVO LTE HAS SATURATION PROBLEM

OMG yes it does.  If I turn down the saturation to make my dog not so ORANGE and more tan like he reallly is then the grass is so pale green and everything around him is pale.  PLEASE HTC and Sprint I don't want to return this phone I have been waiting for.  I love everything else about this phone.  But my brothers Razr's camera looks awesome compared to mine, BOO HOO.

Journeyman

Just to let everyone know, I did a full Factory Reset and it did not help or improve my camera/view finder colors from being too orange and sometimes too pink.   Just wanted to save everyone a FR.   Guess I'm going to have to exchange.

Journeyman

That sux.  Please let me know how the exchange conversation goes with Sprint.  I am going to have to deal with that tomorrow or Tuesday as I'm on the road in 10 minutes for the evening.  Total bummer.

Journeyman

Is it just the camera saturation or the screen all the time?

Journeyman

All the time, 100%

Journeyman

I haven't had this problem.  I am very brown skinned though with a lots of red undertone.  So.... That would be the difference in the flesh tone thing.

But my dog looks like he is suppose to also.  See attached.  We were in the car using the front camera... He likes being able to see his picture taken.  Happy Pooch!

IMAG0003.jpg

Journeyman

I am having a saturation problem as well. Skin tone is showing very red, got me looking like "tan mom" anyone gotten this fixed or exchanged for a phone that doesn't have this problem

Journeyman

I went through HELL trying to get my exchange done, but I finally did.  7 phone calls.  Friday told to call back Saturday for special Evo support desk.  Saturday, told to call back Monday.  Monday, told they were mistaken and for some reason LTE desk had Monday off, so need to call back Tuesday.  Tuesday, called and transferred multiple times, then hung up on by incompetent, rude rep.  Called back, asked for supervisor.  Supervisor tried telling me they don't do exchanges anymore.  I have to pay $600 for new phone, and once I get it, I can send back the old phone and they will give me my $600 back. Didn't care that I was within my 14 days.  Didn't care I was customer for years.  Didn't care i alread paid them for a defective phone.  LOL !!!  Whatever.  I told supervisor that was BS and she said she would get me someone to help me by explaining my situation and warm transferring me.  She lied.  She dumped me into another queue and the woman who answered said I was "cold transferred" and I had to explain everything a 3rd time.  She finally listened but gave me the same story about $600.  I told her no way.  She finally got me to the "order support escalations desk" and the guy who helped me was awesome. He set up the exchange for me.  He took care of the $600.  He apologized.  He sent me a return kit.  Should have it in 3 to 5 days.  Once I get the exchange, I'll let you know if it makes a difference on the phone issues.

Bottom line, Sprint has absolutely no idea what is going on with the new phone.  In fact, their tech support wont help at all.  Their customer care team doesn't care about the actual problem I'm having, but they did set up the exchange.  Unfortunately, since they aren't tracking the problems, the problem will not get fixed and some poor soul will get my phone on their exchange 6 months from now and have the same problem I have.  They keep saying there is a special team handling the EVO LTE calls, which is why I had to call 7 times and wait 5 days to talk to them, and yet, they couldn't help me.  They told me that regular old order management had to help me.  And regular order management tells me only the special LTE desk can help me.  And you go in a vicious circle arguing with incompetent reps.

Now for the kicker.  After I got screwed on Friday, Saturday, and Monday, I decided to record all the calls.  I live in Texas so I do not have to announce call recording to anybody.  My final phone call yesterday was 50 minutes long.  It will be going on youtube soon after I edit out the 30 minutes of hold music.  It's an entertaining 20 minutes of incompetency. 

Journeyman

Omg that is crazy, I haven't called yet because I was traveling memorial weekend and now in Houston for a couple days, I've only called a few places to see if they had a phone I could look at camera but they all don't..  Let me know as soon as you get phone so I can know if I should just return and wait a while to buy another, instead of exchange.  I'm scared I'm going to have to go what you went through! Ugh

Sprint Employee

mrwho13, I'm glad that order support was able to make an exception in our normal process. Did you  try a substitute for the camera application like UCam, or Camera360, the default settings in these apps may take a great picture, and may offer great enhancement options, as for the default camera's settings I am sending this discussion to developers for feedback.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

RC1024,

Others have also complained that pictures taken from another camera or their old Evo, when viewed on the new Evo LTE show the color problem, which would eliminate a problem with the photo itself.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat