cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYTimes site won't accept my sign-in info

Go to solution
Journeyman

NYTimes site won't accept my sign-in info

I had to get my phone reset due to VM problem.  Since that time, I can no longer log into my NYTimes digital account (via the Times website).   When I log in my user name and p/w, the screen goes back to the sign in page with no error message - constant loop. (All other websites accept my log in.) I've spent hours with NYTimes digital e-support.  They tried to duplicate the problem with their in-house EVO 4G LTE and couldn't.  They say it's a phone issue.  (I can log in successfully on my PC.) Suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: NYTimes site won't accept my sign-in info

dbruceb,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this. Have you tried deleting the app, and then downloading it again?

Thanks,

*John R.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I would make sure your data PRL is up to date, and that your phone is fully activated, dial *611, and click update.

Journeyman

Thanks for the advice, but I have done all of the suggested actions.  Any further suggestions?

Journeyman

##sctrn#

Master

dbruceb, I understand how this is important to you. You mentioned you have done all of the suggested actions. Was one of those actions taking the phone into a service and repair store? Keep me posted. Thank you.

Sophia

Social Care Team
Journeyman

SpencerHawkins:  ##sctrn# ??

Journeyman

Sophia,

Any other options before the last resort of taking it to repair shop?

Master

dbruceb,

You can do a Factory hard reset on the device. If there is a corruption on the device it will get rid of it. Please back up your information first. Let us know how it worked out. Thanks for your help.

Thank you,
April
Master

What was the outcome of this? Just curious.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Well, I was not going to do a hard reset (that caused the problem in the first place) so I started experimenting by using a number of different mobile browsers.  The only browser that worked was Firefox - all the others would put me in the continuous loop.  So I use FF to read the Times and Dolphin for everything else (Dolphin is so much faster than any of the other browsers).

Master

Well at least you got a fix. Was hoping you fixed what the problem was in case someone else gets the same thing. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat