cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Jellybean software update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

New Jellybean software update.

I have just got the notification for the new jellybean software update, and I'm a little skeptical about updating it. Every android phone I have worked fine until the updates, then developed problems. I love the jellybean software, but I do not know if it would be safe for my htc evo 4g lte. I first had the samsung replenish and it worked fine for my needs, then after the update, the screen would shake and freeze everytime i got on the interent. I then upgraded to the htc evo design, and it was amazing, until the update where it ran horribly slow as dial up. I finally got the lg viper, I loved it  until it updated to the jellybean software then it started re-reading the sd card and with every reading of the card, more and more of my music would disappear. And i know these are smartphones, but it made me do all the work. I had to manually re enter all my contacts for no reason as well as reset the assigned ringtones for each contact each time the phone would be restarted (which is why I am now very skeptical about updating to the jellybean software again) I loved my evo design, and it only had 1 minor problem after the update, but I couldnt deal with it. I now the htc evo 4g lte and I love it, but with the jellybean update disappointing me before, and with me now owning another htc again, im scared because it might balance it out with the phone being an htc and having the jellybean software, or it might develop worse issues and have my information at risk. Any advice? if I decide not to update, is there anyway I can remove the software update icon from my notifications bar? its annoying me.

25 REPLIES 25
Master

Re: New Jellybean software update.

Sounds as if your very hesitant to update.

On one hand, I would say go for it on the other I would say ignore the update until another update is pushed and see what the results are.

There have been a number of issues reported by users, not all phones are susceptible to the problems but there's no gurantee that your phone won't experience some of the issues.

If your happy with the way your phone is performing now, then I say leave it. If you like living on the edge then go for it.

Not very helpful, I know, sorry.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I would say as one who is having major issues, don't do it.  The phone was a 10/10 before, it is just a 1/10 now.  I'm hoping they push another update to fix the issues soon or I will be going to a different phone on a different carrier. 

Master

A new update was released this morning so see if your love of the phone goes back up from 1/10. Supposed to have several fixes within.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

My phone is working better. Won't know if it's 100% until I test if for a few days.

My wife's phone won't even download the update.  So her phone is still a 1/10.

Master

Doesn't show the update as available or won't download it? If the former then she may have to wait a day or so as the update doesn't become available to all phones immediately. Its actually made available in batches. If the later, then she may need t obring it to a Sprint Repair Center and have them install it via their computer.

She may even want to do that if it's the former since in some cases this update wil lbe a huge improvement in usability.

--

Journeyman

@smotrs,

I never downloaded and installed the the first, JellyBean update for all of the issues discussed on this forum. Yes, I was aware of restarting, resettng the phone to allow the update to configure itself in the phone, but I just didn't want to go through the hassle. My HTC Evo LTE is working to my satisfaction.

Now that there is a maintenance fix that addresses some of the issues that came with Jelly Bean, would you advise taking the plunge and downloading Jelly Bean (it's still in the update queue of my phone. I didn't see the current maintenance fix. Thank you for your suggestion.

Master

Yes, I would recommend it at this point as the majority of the issues seem t ohave been addressed wit hthis Maintenance issue. There may still be one or two issues, but overall it seems to fix the bulk of the complaints from what I'm seeing.

--

Journeyman

Ok. I'll go back and reread your post on restarts and resets before I dive into the update. Thank you for your swift reply.

Master

Keep us informed of the outcome. But I think overall you'll be happy with the updates once both are applied.

--

Journeyman

Sorry..I haven't done the download yet. I was backing up two Evos with MyBackUp Pro. Will report back. Thanks.

Journeyman

@smotrs,

For crying out loud...I don't know why I worried so. The download now includes the maintenance fix, 3.16.651.3.710D. So far, so good. Thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat