cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Jellybean software update.

Journeyman

Re: New Jellybean software update.

@smotrs,

Is there any way to turn off the "vibration", that now mysteriously accompanies the sound notification when receiving text messages? I don't have vibration selected anywhere. And raising the volume doesn't stop the vibration. Thanks for your help

Master

Under messaging,

• Menu > Settings > Notifications > Vibrate

Uncheck it if it's checked.

Keep in mind, each app has it's own notification settings, so if you also wanted to do the same for Gmail or Mail you would have to look for the option within those apps Settings section. The option under the Phone Settings controls the Vibrate functionality for the handset only not the individual apps.

Glad your likeing the update so far. Be sure to update all apps you have installed, especially Google Maps.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

@smotrs

Now I really feel dumb...Thanks for the heads up. I have updated the apps, including "Maps".

Master

So how are things running?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

@smotrs

Thank for asking... Both our phones seem to be running smoothly. However, Bluetooth communication with BlueAnt S4 Handsfree Speakerphone? No so much. Call connect with the new interface and immediately disconnect. LOL Guess I better do a search.

Master

Have you also checked with BlueAnt to see if they have an update for Jelly Bean?

--

Journeyman

@smotrs,

I didn't find an update to the Blueant firmware, but, what i did was to delete the "pairing" for each phone, prior to Jelly Bean. Then, I reset the BlueAnt to factory, and proceeded to pair each phone anew. Now I'm good to go.  Thanks for your help.

Master

I thought you did that already?? Maybe that was someone else. 

Glad it's working. 

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

sorry, I havent been able to reach a computer to check my sprint account. but thank you for your advice and your opinions. However, my phone is now having signal issues. Every day, it seems like i have to update the prl and the profile on my phone because of signal issues. I have yet to update my phone's software. Are the issues with the new jellybean software fixed? If I did decide to update to the new software, would that fix my signal issues?

Journeyman

>littlebits48, I got rid of the annoying notification by selecting the update notification and then selecting Later button after reading the update contents. The notification came back and today Later'd it again....here's why I'm scared.

TMI, but, I bought the first EVO 4G the day it came out.  Top of the World.  6 months later gave one to my my son for Christmas.  ~6 months later, I got the 4G 3D.  Again, 1st kid on the block Joy.  Then my touch screen began to have blank spots and Sprint replaced/upgraded with a free 4G LTE. SoOOooo happy.   I lurk around the forums and can't wait for the release of JB.  I'm back in a Sprint store around Christmas to replace my son's original HTC EVO 4G with the new 4G LTE and the technician tells me that JB came out already and I can find it on line to manually download!  We buy his new phone and I rush home and proceed to destroy all the above love for HTC with the JB download.  I then discover the online angst in the forums and attempt many of the fixes and find a contented state but I live with dreams of ICS days.  THEN, the gyro sensor died in my 4G LTE, no auto rotate, so Sprint gave me a new one.  Smiles......everyone loves IceCream, and I lived happily ever after with ICS.  Today, I'm discovering that this 3.16 release is in-response to the heartbreak of 3.15..........I loved so many aspects of JB and Sense+  that I may try it again.  Now if Sprint Los Angeles/Orange County could someday get an LTE signal I can get out of this 3G hellish slow service.....ironic......first kid with 4G phone and years later living with 3G.

Good luck!

GrandMaster

hate to point it out but people are already starting to see LTE light up here and there in some of those areas..especially L.A.

keep an eye in here...and try to avoid the drama and howler monkey screaming from some of the posters in there...but at least you'll be able to see where people are picking up a signal and hopefully some locations.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage?view=discussions&st...

^^^ in here..might help if i actually added that lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat