cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls, voicemail not working, no internet

Highlighted
Journeyman

No incoming calls, voicemail not working, no internet

I haven't had a voicemail in a month. Updated my profile today, now I am not receiving any incoming calls and no network!!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

What about connection over WiFi, is it down as well?

Are you able to contact Sprint to check on the issue? Install any apps recently?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

It does work on wifi. I've been very close to two different towers with the same results. I have not installed any apps recently. The multiple problems started after I updated my profile today.I did that after reading it on a troubleshooting thing about my email.

Highlighted
Master

Since it works on WiFi, that means the phone itself is fine but there's some sort of disconnect when connecting to the Sprint network. It's very possible you got a bad Profile if it happened right after the update. It's also possible the Profile is fine but there are issues on the network which coincided with the update. I'm leaning toward the former though as the Profile is what authenticates your phone with the network as it contains all the primary and secondary connects, passwords phone id codes, etc..

What has Sprint said when you explained that you started having connectivity issues right after updating the Profile? They should be able to force a Profile update on their end and help you verify whether it's corrected.

Did you also update your PRL at the same time? Have you tried again to update your Profile, see if it corrects itself?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Spent time on the phone with a tech, doing all the different things, finishing with a factory reset. Only change was my voicemail greeting had disappeared! Took it to the store, they spent about 2 hours on it and said they couldn't fix it and would order me a new one. Should be in by Friday. The guy told me he had seen two others do this and they haven't been able to figure out why yet. He suspects a software glitch.

Not too stressed over the whole ordeal, although i've only got a one-way phone til my new one comes in. Wonder if they would adjust this months bill?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had a smiliar issue with my phone, i had full bars but i couldn't make or get any calls or texts, i talked to them and we tried everything and we even tried a factroy reset and the problem still there so i had to go the store and get a new phone. and ask them for a credit on your account

Highlighted
Master

At least they are hooking you up with a replacement. Glad to hear that at least.

--

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat