cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer interested in Jelly Bean 4.1.x

Master

No longer interested in Jelly Bean 4.1.x

I wanted it before when everyone was announcing it, when everyone was reviewing it, when everyone was talking about it. Now... I could careless about it. I want Jelly Bean 4.2.x now. Might as well not even bother releasing an update at this point unless it is 4.2.x as it's too late. Anything else would feel like a slap in the face at this point.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
18 REPLIES 18
Wizard

Re: No longer interested in Jelly Bean 4.1.x

Thanks for you post. I have seen reviews about the Jelly Bean 4.2 update, and it seems to offer some great additional features, but we have no information at this time on whether or not it will become available for Sprint customers. For any updates please visit http://bit.ly/9UG9EA.

Morris L.

Social Media Care

Journeyman

I think 4.1 JB is all this phone will get, and there's no telling when that will occur (2013?!).  We'll be upgrading our current phones in order to get 4.2 or KLP.

Journeyman

You need to get a Nexus if your wanting OS upgrades to be fast..

Journeyman

LOL come on Smotrs you really think the way they have handled updates that we would get 4.2 anytime in 2013?You make perfect sence but we are talking about HTC/Sprint. I have made up my mind my next phone will be a Nexus # just hope they will have LTE on it by then!

Journeyman

I'm gonna say a four-letter word... "root".

On my originial EVO, I hung with with standard OS for about a year and then I took my own path to keep it up-to-date with Android releases since Sprint basically dropped continued support.

I love ya Sprint, but sometimes I wonder what's going through your head.

Journeyman

Did that with my OG EVO don't want to go there with a NEW phone yet.But I wonder if rooting would fix the poor 3G reception on the LTE?

Master

No, but I can hope. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

I've been thinking of that as well. My problem is, when I did that on my OEVO, I actually took a year off from this board as it's pretty hard to offer support on a stock phone when you no longer have one.

But I'm seriously leaning toward it and/or possibly getting a SGIII (gasp) and selling this phone due to the lack of support that seems to currently be in place.

Only problem I have with the Nexus right now is the fact that it's GSM only I believe.

--

Journeyman

I hear you the SGIII would be the next best thing ( had a bad experience with Samsung and it's plastic) .Right the Nexus is GSM with no 4G/LTE at all that's a no go.But when my contract is up time to jump ship!

GrandMaster

thankfully im not the only former ADV that is starting to lean towards the SIII lol..i might even push a while longer and see what they will roll out in Q1/Q2 phone wise..havent really seen any rumors as of yet but im sure they will be pushing out phones that can handle both the 1900 AND 800 LTE..i might just stick to ol faithful until one of those roll out.

smotrs wrote:

I've been thinking of that as well. My problem is, when I did that on my OEVO, I actually took a year off from this board as it's pretty hard to offer support on a stock phone when you no longer have one.

But I'm seriously leaning toward it and/or possibly getting a SGIII (gasp) and selling this phone due to the lack of support that seems to currently be in place.

Only problem I have with the Nexus right now is the fact that it's GSM only I believe.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

You might be better off with o-faithful for now. Don't get me wrong, I really like the LTEVO. But I also bought it because it had the hardware technology to support several versions into the future. Hopefully enough to get to the next 2yr commitment at least. However, if Sprint and HTC aren't going to support it, I'm gonna have to start steering customers to a different phone that will be supported. Something that will be upgraded, something that gets announcements that an update will be made available.

I don't doubt that we won't get these future updates, I'm sure we will. But every day that goes by without some word is another day I'm seriously wondering about Sprint and HTC's commitment in this phone regarding future updates. That's what really has me concerned. HTC has been talking about JB on their phones for a couple months now but still no confirmation on the LTEVO. Sprint hasn't said a word. Have they even asked HTC for confirmation? Who knows because they haven't even come forward to tell us they have inquired about it.

--

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat