cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not downloading texts or picture texts every once in a while

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not downloading texts or picture texts every once in a while

Every once in a while my phone will tell me I have a text and I can see a text bubble but it will just show the date and not the text.  This will also occasionally happen with pictures.  It will say Downloading, but I will never get it.  Is there any way to refresh or reboot so I can get these?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Not downloading texts or picture texts every once in a while

Sounds like a connectivity issue. Phone went in and out of signal and stopped the downloading. You should be able to tap the message or next to the message and have it retry.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

phonepic.jpg

When I tap the message I get the following options:  Call / Open Contact / Send SMS  / View Message Details / Delete message / lock message / save as task.  No retry.  I want to find a way to retry but cannot.  I tried turning phone off and on to no avail.  The picture shows what I got.  So I know I got something, I just can't see it.  Also, it says it's downloading, but it is lying.

Highlighted
Master

Looks like it's stuck. Try turning on Airplane mode, see if it becomes unstuck then turn off Airplane mode. If that doesn't work, you may need to restart see if it clears up.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat