cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!!

Journeyman

OMG!!

going with the preemptive panic here.....

did you hear that sprint sold so many new evo's that the activation system won't be able to handle all the traffic? I know it's hard to believe, and it won't happen, but lets all circle around and wring our hands over what might could happen, shall we?

remember --- it could happen so lets go wild over it before it does. that'll show sprint a thing or two. heck, if half of you canceled over this today then I won't have to worry over this.

lmao.

hats off to you Sprint CSRs --- how you do it is beyond me.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: OMG!!

That happened with the OG EVO. I stood there for 45 minutes waiting for the system to catch up. Now you've jinxed everyone...lol

Journeyman

"Now you've jinxed everyone...lol"

lol -- sorry.

Master

Same thing happens to all the networks when a hot new phone comes out. Remember the AT&T fiasco when the iPhone first came out? I don't expect any of the networks to invest money in the activation system when they cna invest it in their actual networks.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

This time may be different. If I remember correctly for the original EVO: The activations for the pre-orders, the in-store sales and the third-party sales all started at the same time.. causing the outage. This time around, only the pre-orders are available - which people will be receiving at random days and times tomorrow, Fri & Sat. I don't think the outage would happen again unless the systems are just poor.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat