Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall Great phone but it has a problem

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Overall Great phone but it has a problem

First, I love this phone, it is just about everything that I want. The speakerphone could be louder but it is definately better than the EVO 3D, I did not really like that phone very much.  Anyway, the is a major issue with this phone and it has to do with reception, it constantly tells me that it is roaming but I have a microcell in the next room.  Also, it does not hold 3g signals well and I notice that mobile network icon is constanly cycling on and off.  This is a big problem that needs to be addressed because I really do not want to have LTE turned on all the time hopefully it can be turned off because I really like being able to not constantly worry about battery life. Sprint, please pay attention to this problem.  Has anyone else experienced this issue ?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Overall Great phone but it has a problem

apps-->settings-->mobile network-->network mode-->cdma only

I think thats how you turn off the LTE thing.

Journeyman

Thanks I did do that but it still does not solve the cycling of 3G and roaming in an area that has a strong sprint signal or microcell.  Something is wrong with either my phone or the reception on this model.

Journeyman

Ok lets make this easier, does anyone have 3g cycling issues on their new EVO LTE ?  If you look at the top of the home screen, you will see the 3g signal disappearing and reappearing.

Journeyman

I don't have that problem on my device.  Is your roaming set to automatic? If all your settings are correct I would call sprint and ask to swap your phone and get a new one. You could have what they call a "lemon" . This happened to me a few years ago when I got the BB Tour.  I swapped for a new one. The new phone worked grea

*Great!

Journeyman

Yes, I am going to give it about a week to see if the problem continues.  I know that if I tried to RMA it right now it will take a while to get another one but I am going to wait till next week to see if it could be network related, which I highly doubt.  Actually I found an article criticizing the One X for reception related issues especially holding on to 3g signals.  Search Google for "HTC One X Reception issues".

Master

I noticed some issues when I first got the phone, but they went away when I did an update to the Profile and PRL.

Settings > System Updates

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Actually I called sprint they pushed a profile update and had me run a pro update and now it runs flawlessly.  I am so liking this phone now.  Thanks for your response.y

Master

Glad you got it resolved.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat