cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painfully Slow Data Speeds--keep connecting to 1xRTT not the typical EVDO A

Journeyman

Painfully Slow Data Speeds--keep connecting to 1xRTT not the typical EVDO A

So over this past weekend i was out for dinner and trying to use my netwrok connection. Based on my iconns it was clear i was transmitting and receiving non stop as the 3G symbol indicated. Yet it was taking something like 10-15minutes to load a simple web page or even google.com. I tried to run a speed test and it would time out and not even allow the app to run. Upon further investigation with the OpenSignal maps to see my connection, i noticed that i was not connecting via EVDO A, but rather 1xRTT. I tried numerous powercycles and turning on and off my mobile network data, and still nothing. Is there somehting wrong with the towers to cause this? The zip code this occured was 06405. Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: Painfully Slow Data Speeds--keep connecting to 1xRTT not the typical EVDO A

Does your Mobile Network show as connected or disconnected?Are you able to get calls and texts? I had an issue where I couldnt get Mobile Data turned on and could send texts and make calls, but nothing incoming. If so , I might have a fix for you. One resets the towers and the 2nd would be a full factory reset(not the one you see in the software menu).Hopefully the tower reset would work and you dont have to do a reset of the phone

Journeyman

Yes i was able too make calls and send and receive texts. Of course my mobile data was working, as i said it was painfully slow, like watching old dial up loading a page seeing all the little iconn pics slowly apearing... This only happened in that area where i was having dinner and out for the evening. Which is why i wonder whether there is something wrong with the towers in that area. Also i was NOT roaming either i was on sprint network.

And you mention possible solutions, yet dont say how to actually do them, now i know how to do a factory reset, and i do not want to do that. I dont believe it is my phone.. But what is a tower reset? This doesnt seem like something a person can do from their handset.

GrandMaster

then it was for sure the tower you were connected to. especially if the problem didnt follow you home lol.

C.P.S wrote:

Yes i was able too make calls and send and receive texts. Of course my mobile data was working, as i said it was painfully slow, like watching old dial up loading a page seeing all the little iconn pics slowly apearing... This only happened in that area where i was having dinner and out for the evening. Which is why i wonder whether there is something wrong with the towers in that area. Also i was NOT roaming either i was on sprint network.

And you mention possible solutions, yet dont say how to actually do them, now i know how to do a factory reset, and i do not want to do that. I dont believe it is my phone.. But what is a tower reset? This doesnt seem like something a person can do from their handset.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

If that is the case, someone at sprint may want to investigate why the towers seem to be FUBAR in that zipcode

GrandMaster

by the by what city and state is that?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Branford CT

GrandMaster

i havent seen any updates over at s4gru saying theyre doing NV updates anywhere near there...wonder if theyre working on the tower or if its just going down like the titanic?

Journeyman

Yeah, CT is always seemingly last on the list for upgrades. Not enough customers i suppose. But generally i get tolerable network speeds most of the time. This was NOT one of those times. If there is no current service happening.. Maybe it should be to fix this issue LOL

Master

Yeah, this is as close as it get's to Branford from what I can find,

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-91-philadelphia-southern-connecticut-are-scheduled-to-be-in...

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

once again i was in the same area this weekend and experienced the exact same problem. There is clearly an equipment issue in that coverage area and sprint may want to address it.

Journeyman

once again the state that pays one of the highest taxes and richest state is left to be last. Im not rich at all. hahaha.  But still paying the preimeum data fee! Irraitates me.  Its for smartphones.  Not when i had my blackberry curve 8350 that was 3g.  As soon as i got samsung epic they added it on.  Nearsest 4g Wimax is is 20min away. I dont live in a city ill be dead last to get decent 3g.  I cant even use pandora when i drive it buffers all the time.  Good old ct

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat