cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painfully Slow Data Speeds--keep connecting to 1xRTT not the typical EVDO A

Master

Re: Painfully Slow Data Speeds--keep connecting to 1xRTT not the typical EVDO A

Have you by chance contacted Sprint regarding that area yet?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I have, and i was told the same old line, there is "upgrades" going on in that area and may experience some "trouble" .. Which i simply dont believe, as this has been going on for over a year now. Its terrible.

Master

Yeah, over a year seems a little extreme. I can understand various upgrades over several months to a year for an entire market, especially the upgrades to Network Vision and LTE. But I wouldn't expect a year for a localized area, i.e. around your house.

It's completely possible that things going on a year ago and what's happening right now are completley different. for example, a year ago they could have been doing repairs but now they are doing upgrades to the LTE network. Still doesn't help the situation.

However, I would suggest providing your Zipcode and nearest main cross streets and one of the admins on this site can look at what's happening right now. They can usually see things tha tthe customer service agents can't.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

06405 is the zipcode, and a nearby intersection would be East Main Street (rt 1) and North Branford Rd (rt 139). As far as a random blip a year ago and a different problem now, that is not possible as the issue has been continuous for the entire time that i have been in the area, perhaps even longer then a year

I have looked at the towers and the tower is performing at 96%. The only thing that I can think of is that this one location may be in a coverage hole.

Master

Coverage hole. Possibility. Unfortunately, difficult to diagnose from a user standpoint. Possible it could get better once LTE is implemented in that area I'm sure, but hard to say.

OP, have you tried using the app OpenSignal to see what kind of signal you have in your area and the surrounding area? if you have a certain signal strength were your at and move a couple blocks around or maybe further, it goes up. That's a good indication of what Ray is talking about.

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat