cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Per HTC; Use LTE/CDMA Settings and your phone will work properly

Journeyman

Per HTC; Use LTE/CDMA Settings and your phone will work properly

Hello everyone, I have been talking with HTC Escalations department via email and telephone calls over the last week.

1) The grainy inside photo issues will be fixed via the next update.

2) Doing factory reset fixed the busy signal issue I was having when trying to make or recieve phone calls. It also fixed the time zone issue and wifi drop issues. The busy signal problem started after the first update

3) The problem of the phone getting very hot during uploads or video viewing or prolonged use is being checked into.

4)The phone not working while in Canada and the "current location" issue we have figured out. IF, you have changed your phone setting from lte/cdma to cdma only per your Sprint advisor change it back, when the setting is changed it disables some of the built in programs like the "current location" once the setting is changed back and you power off your phone and power back on it should work correctly. (while in Canada, very close to the US border my phone had zero signal, it didnt work at all but the other sprint phone users in my party had no issues)

Per the HTC people they advised Sprint  NOT have people change the lte/cdma setting as it changes how the phone operates. I was told that being in the lte/cdma setting will not cause the battery to die faster by searching for lte signals. Once it has a signal (3g or other) it won't seach for another. So far my battery life is still very very good. The only time my battery died quickly was during the factory reset.

I hope that this helps the other people out there who's phones haven't been working properly. It has me.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Per HTC; Use LTE/CDMA Settings and your phone will work properly

1)  Can you elaborate on what exactly grainy inside photo's are?

Per the HTC people they advised Sprint  NOT have people change the lte/cdma setting as it changes how the phone operates. I was told that being in the lte/cdma setting will not cause the battery to die faster by searching for lte signals. Once it has a signal (3g or other) it won't seach for another. So far my battery life is still very very good. The only time my battery died quickly was during the factory reset.

If the above is correct, this would explain some of the LTE connectivity (having to toggle in order to connect to LTE) issues user's have been experiencing.

Journeyman

Here is a thread I started http://http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/454195#454195 It addresses problems with the camera, auto focus and overall bad quailty of pictures taken inside, low light and using zoom (or not). HTC is aware of these camera issues and are working on a fix.

So far my issues with my phone have fixed themselves after changing back to the LTE/CDMA settings with the exception of the camera.

Master

Most if not all interior shots with the camera come out fuzzy or grainy when you view the photo. Some users have reported no problems even I did initially but I've noticed it more and more in the days since new.

Exterior shots don't seem to be an issue and if they are, most likely will be fixed with the same changes.

See the following,

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/93873?start=0&tstart=0

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/442329

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Same here, I'm glad that HTC has acknowledged the problem and is working on a fix. My outside shots also have been great.

Journeyman

Yes, I remember reading both threads...  Well I'm glad all of you were able to get on the ticket with HTC and make them aware of the problems.  Let's hope they fix the issues in the next update.

I haven't taken many inside photos (I will try a few now to see if I notice the same issue), but my outside pic's turn out really well (lighting & a steady hand is key of course).  My 1st EVO LTE seemed to have a saturation problem at first, but that went away.  My 2nd EVO LTE doesn't seem to have that issue (saturation)...  I haven't taken many pic's with it though, so only time will tell...  I have experienced the auto focus issue with both phones too.

Master

Hopefully the update comes sooner rather then later. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Actually, my phone never had the saturation problem others reported. Even in the begining I remember taking some picutres and theyr were nice and clear. However, as time went by, I started noticing that the interior shots were coming out fuzzy and grainy.

I'm also hoping the AutoFocus button is addressed as well. They were able to duplicate the issue and aknowledged it, so hopefully both and the others brought up and confirmed show up in the coming update. ETA to be determined.

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update: The location issue was fixed for about 3 days then was back to not updating. It doesn't default to current location but stays on the location showing until phone is restarted. Once restarted location will update correctly but not update after that.

HTC is looking into this and hopes to have a fix soon.

On the heat issue HTC is saying anything over 49c (106f) is too hot and the phone may need to be replaced.

Journeyman

Pushing this back to the top cuz although the location issue wasn't fixed by useing lte/cdma connectivity issues are. And as u said per HTC the.cdma only fnction is meant to turn off  4g and use the 3g back up antenna which obviously is horrible. Lte/cdma uses a duel band antenna that is a lot more powerful. And if your worried about battery issues.....may as well get used to it now if it does in fact effect the battery cuz you will be useing it to access lte on launch. Me and my girlfriend both have lte's and worked for  both of us And 2 ppl who also thought it was a.crap phone now are like hey this isn't so bad and Facebook, use pandora, and the net with barely and data signal drops and as smooth as at least the EVO 3d. To note the first EVO had lots of issue upon release and wasn't till gingerbread that it work like it should. And with jellybean around the corner I expect this phone was not.only lte but the upcoming Android Jellybean update as well hence the many issues on ics and 3g.

Journeyman

That makes no sense.  So they are saying that if you are in a 3G area and locked in and you migrate to an area with LTE towers it will never lock onto the LTE signal?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat