cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't turn on!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone won't turn on!

The battery probably went dead over night, and even after charging for 2+ hours the next day, the phone will not turn on at all (even when still on charger).  Took it to Sprint store for fix and they said that all I had to do was charge it a little.  Any thoughts?  Don't want to have to drive to store again if possible.  Is there possibly a way to to a battery pull?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

There is no battery pull on this device. Sorry. I found this on google. Hopefully this will help.

http://briefmobile.com/is-your-evo-4g-lte-doa-try-these-steps

Highlighted
Master

The instructions Ray provided should get you started again. When the battery gets completely discharged it doesn't seem to want to start normally. When the battery discharges, it starts to act like its completely out of the circuit. Pressing and holding the power button for up to a minute, yes a minute, performs the action of reintegrating the battery to the circuit so-to-speak.

Not sure of the exact purpose, maybe to prevent irreparable harm like cell batteries left dead in a flashlight. Not sure. but I suspect it's something like that.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat