cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with Jellybean issues I am having (official thread?)

Journeyman

Please help with Jellybean issues I am having (official thread?)

Ok, I'm not complainig...i'm REALLY REALLY happy we finally got JB.  I have two issues I need help with:

1) Every time I plug in the USB cable, the USB Debugging in the Dev options enables.  Why?  It never used to do that.

2) How do I access the internal phone storage (not the ext sdcard).  there used to be an option for MTP (NOT the Htc media sync) that would give access to the phone storage.  That seems to be gone (or hidden).

Thanks!

3) When I updated, the phone temp skyrocketed to 108 degrees F-- I wanted to post a screenshot-- but cant get to my internal storage right now.

I factory reset my phone after the update to see is that affected #1 above.  It doesn't.

When I plug in the USB I get TWO autoplay boxes on windows and I get TWO USB connected icons and a USB Debugging enabled icon on the phone notification bar.  I can attach the windows boxes:

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Please help with Jellybean issues I am having (official thread?)

when I select media sync, it opens a browser and wants me to install that crappy HTC media sync software.  When I open disk drive I can access the ext SDCARD, but not the internal phone storage. 

Also, I can't figure out why the debug option auto enables.  I don't want it on!!

Is that happening to anyone else?

Master

Internal storage could never be accessed other then with Media Sync and SD Card could only be mounted via Disk Drive. No change there.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Also, mines always had Debugging on since the last update. It may have had it even before that, I can't remember. However, you can turn it off both with the previous version and now this version easily enough by just going to developer tools under settings.

• Settings > Developer Options

You must Enable Developer Options (turn it ON) in order to toggle USB Debugging.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

There used to be more options for Ian and one was something like media transfer... It would open  a window with internal storage and ad card...this is gone.  Plus it now opens up those two Windows  auto play dialogs...annoying....it looks like it is putting HTC media sync on the c drive too...I haven't looked into that yet.  I really don't want it.

Secondlyi turn off  usb debugging and verify it's off...reboot....verify it's off....plug in the cable and it's  back on ...that never used to happen before either.

These are not killer problems but they are annoying.

Master

The first one could be the driver that's installed. I noticed when it was plugged in that my PC said it was installing a new driver. So the way the phone promotes itself or broadcasts itself could be different which is why some of those options are gone.

I'll check the second option again, see if I can duplicate. I'll also grab my GF's phone and see what happens as she most likely hasn't done the upgrade.

--

Journeyman

I too am having the USB Debugging problem. It's very annoying. Also is there somewhere I can set it so it defaults as a disk drive when i plug it in? My car stereo won't recognize my phone anymore which means I can't play any of my songs on there. This is very very aggravating.

Journeyman

what happened to the 4 by 1 HTC music widget.

what happened to the charge only option for USB connection.

Journeyman

Noticed after update, that when done with phone call, screen will not turn back on.  I have to hit power button and then end call.

Master

Gone, closest now is the Google Play Music widget. Can't even drag to resize like some other widgets.

--

Master

I also noticed that now, when I connect the phone to the PC and select HTC Sync Manager, choose to "Open device to view files with Windows Explorer" that I see both the Internal and External storage. That's a new one.

Capture.JPG

If you choose Disk Drive, then you can only access the external SD Card, the one to the right in the above image.

--

Master

Closest I can find for Charge Only is to just plug it in and ignore the on screen prompts. The option appears gone, even the connectivity choices that used ot be in Settings are gone.

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat