cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor picture quality

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Poor picture quality

Here is just a tiny solution, LOL, are you properly cleaning the lense on the camera? What kind of case do you have around your phone? .... Depending on case ,and how dirty your camera lens is, its not going to take very good quality pictures. Want the best phone case out their, make your phone waterprrof, get lifeproof cases ... http://www.lifeproof.com // I suggest getting them at www.radioshack.com and getting the rplacement plan, its only 1.99 and if it breaks, radio shack replaces it ... You can take pics underweater etc. Love mine! Matter fact, heres a pic of me underweater using my iphone 4s !

IMG_3243.JPG

Journeyman

I don't have an Iphone 4S, since this is an EVO LTE forum.     We have all removed our cases to double check that in the beginning.

Journeyman

Did you clean the screen? Master Reset - ?    

Master

Couple things I did notice with the 3rd party Camera apps is the following,

1. The initial press of the camera button properly activates the Auto-Focus feature.
  2. If you pay attention to the display as it's focusing on the subject, you can literally see it focus and show very crisp preview on the screen just before or as the photo is being taken. However, the actual photo still comes out blurry.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Hard Reset or Factory Reset in our case, and yeah, per HTC's recommendation I have.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I agree I thought the same, the view finder looks great, and when I immediately look at pic I'm disappointed.

Master

Ok, HTC called me again a little bit ago. They have been able to duplicate both issues I mention above and will be working on a fix. So hopefully the next OTA will contain both.

--

Journeyman

This is awesome news!   You did good!

Master

Thanks. Hopefully they can resolve these issues and get us an update soon. I have pictures I need to take. 

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, HTC called me yesterday afternoon (I too joined the ticket posted earlier)  I was told that they are aware of the blurry issue due to the auto focus not working properly and are working on a fix.

They also took a lot of information from my phone (tech specs) They also are addressing the following: Busy signal when answering or attempting to make a call (this started after the update) Current location and unable to determine time zone, loss of wifi signal (the back and forth of dropping and connecting) , back of phone near camera getting very hot, and then my newest issue of phone not working as soon as I entered Canada.. my boyfriends HTC Shift worked great as did my orginal Evo everytime we were in Canada. This time...nothing.. good thing I wasn't alone with a emergency.

I have to give HTC kudos for making the follow up telephone call and stating they are aware of the above mentioned issues. I am hoping that this phone becomes the great phone it can be.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat