cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possessed Evo??

Journeyman

Possessed Evo??

For the last 2 months, the screen on my phone, without any prompting, will turn on and start going through various screens for several minutes.  At times is will land on the screen to set up the alarm clock and freeze.  Other times it looks like it will send a text, then move on to my contacts.  Most recently, this morning, as I was on a phone call, it hung up and then redialed!  Any suggestions???

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Possessed Evo??

SFOHM-

Greetings and thanks for the post! This sounds quite pesky! Have you checked to see if you're running low on memory? I've found that when one is running low on memory, the device will start doing funky things. What troubleshooting steps have you attempted thus far?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

This does not seem to be the case here.  Phone is continually going through various screens when not prompted and eventually becoming frozen on the alarm clock. Any other suggestions? 

Wizard

SFOHM

Thanks for sharing details of the issue. Have you tried soft resetting your HTC EVO LTE? If not, please do so and advise us how this works. Also, please share what troubleshooting has been done to your phone. Looking forward to your response.

Ruth E
Social Care Team

Journeyman

When my malfunctioned that way I took it back to the sprint store and they gave me a new phone. They couldn't figure it out either.

Wizard

do you have a screen protector on?

are you using a case?

did you drop the phone?

This sounds like the digitizer overlay is malfunctioning. the membrane that has touch points all over the surface of the display so that when you "touch" the screen you're actually touching this overlay.

you can try a factory reset. if this does not fix it, the overlay needs to be replaced. Sprint will most likely not do this and you will have to file a claim with asurion.

you can send it to htc in hopes they will repair under warranty but if they determine the cause of the mischief is due ti user neglect, you will be responsible for the cost of repair, shipping.

Journeyman

No screen protector, no case and never been dropped (I've been pretty lucky).  I've done nearly everything but a factory reset.  I'm eligible for an upgrade in February (sadly the phone is barely 18 months old).  I will make an appointment with my local Sprint store to see what they can do to get this phone to hold me over until an upgrade.  My biggest concern is not being able to use the phone in the event of an emergency. 

Thanks.

Master

SFOHM

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delayed response. I know that phone issues are never fun. I think that by making an appointment will be the best step s that an in store tech can take a look at it. Do you need assistance finding a service and repair store? Let me know I can look into this for. Just let me know your zip and or cross streets and I will see which one is the most closest to you for your convenience.

Jazmine

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat