cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Button

Journeyman

Power Button

My power button has sank into the phone and I have to push it several times and sometimes fairly firmly to get the phone to wake up. Is there anyway to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Power Button

I am having the exact same problem. This is my second EVO 4G LTE that has done this very same thing.  I have to keep my phone awake 100% of the time. Otherwise, I can't turn the screen on to use/see anything!

Master

Sprint Repair Center may beable to fix it. Sounds as if the button was engaged to much and maybe bent or broke the contact inside that it actuates.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Karley6692,

Thank you for posting! Sorry to hear that, I know that can be frustrating. Were you able to take have the phone looked at from a tech in the Service and Repair center? Also, do you have TEP coverage on your phone? Let me know, I’m here for you!

Thanks,

Justin

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Same here, took it to the shop 3 times and it worked for like 2 days then failed again. I was using my work cell to call my evo so I could unlock it lol. I received my new AKA refurbished phone today and the power button works BUT everything else does not. Bluetooth wont turn on, wifi wont turn on, just says error, speaker phone works only after a couple love taps, crackle in the ear piece when someone is talking. So I was actually better off with my broke power button. Going back to the shop tomorrow and if I get another refurbished phone  I am cancelling and going with someone else.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat