Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power and wallpapers

Highlighted
Journeyman

Power and wallpapers

Since the new update I have 2 problems with my phone:

1.  The battery life has gone from great to horrible

2.  When I set a wallpaper after a period of time it randomly changes.

Still feeeling out all the changes.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Good morning,

I just updated my EVO LTE as well. I have a few things for you to try. With the battery life, try allowing the phone to completely die on its own. Then allow it to completely charge to 100%. This is recommended about once every week or so to help preserve the battery. As far as the wallpaper, where are you getting the wallpaper? From a 3rd party service or are you using the ones that come installed on the phone? The next option would be to do a hard reset on the device if you have it backed up. Doing the hard reset helps to fix any possible glitches in the update but it does wipe the phone. Let me know if you want to try the suggestion with the battery or if you would like the steps to do the hard reset. I am here for you.

Thank you,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Highlighted
Master

What steps have you taken regarding the battery? Google Now is a battery hog, if your not using it, deactivate it. There's a setting under Wifi for keeping Wifi on during sleep, I believe it used to be Never but now it's Always. Try switching that back to Never. May even want to disable Sprint Connections Optimizer (SCO) and run without it, see if that improves battery.

Have you performed a Simpull, what about a Cache Wipe or a Hard Reset?

I haven't seen the Wallpaper do what your describing, so I'm wondering if something is affecting it. What wallpaper are you using? Is it stored on the phones memory or SD Card?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

if im remembering right others have had good luck with shutting down the power saver mode..might be worth a try.

i have been hearing more and more about the wallpaper though..from the sounds of it its now pretty much like the samsung phones..each screen has its own wallpaper..which is lame if you ask me..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Hmm, ok, that is a new one for me. I haven't seen anything like that.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

youre not seeing it on your phone? odd..wonder what the othes are running to end up with it not scrolling like it used to?..thats one of the many things i like about the HTC phones..that scrolling wallpaper.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Oh no, my wallpaper doesn't scroll either, its the same fixed wallpaper all the way across. What I was saying I don't see is differnet wallpapers for each screen.

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

For the wallpaper I have used Zedge.  Prior to the update I had the same one for a month.  After the update it changes after an hour.

I am going to try the reset once I am sure I have all the important stuff backed up.  Like someone said in another post, this is an update and it is very disappointing for the consumer to have to suffer/do all the work.

To smotrs, thanks, it was set to always and I have changed that.

Now to wait and see.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat