cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE back ordered status?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE back ordered status?

I just checked my order status and it changed from look out for shipping email to

Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

Anyone else have this?

Thanks

198 REPLIES 198
Highlighted
Journeyman

Let's all calm down .  This is a default designation (took place days ago for most, it's just that nobody chacked until today)  This phone is not "officially" for sale, until they actually ship it is given the backorder status. I expect that today and tomorrow many of you will see the change.  It's obvious that they need to give it a better designation though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was also just told that the evo is not on backorder its just a message that they put until shipping

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is what's going on I think everything is a go for shipping tonight.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i just spoke with a phone rep, and she told me a bunch of bs, first that it would be shipped on the 18th then taking 3-5 more days to arrive. how does this even come close to getting my hands on it before anyone else? then she said i would have it on the 18th. they are just lying to customers. i then had a chat with a rep via the text/msg center from their website. lengthy discussion with her as well. she stated that all pre-order customers got the same message and that it is due to the fact that all the phones are on back order from htc, and that they could not tell me when they would receive phones from htc to even begin shipping them out. how is this a preorder again? and that this isnt anything done intentionally by sprint. yeah right. if you are going to offer a preorder make a fancy count down clock on web page to gain hype for this new phone, how would you not have any phones to ship out to be in our hands before the 18th as they stated on website. when i told them the ONLY reason i order directly from sprint was that i assumed the carrier would be able to provide the phone before any other outlet like bestbuy which is saling it for 50 dollars cheaper. i asked for a credit of 50 dollars and they said they couldnt do that because they would have to do it for everyone who preorder and they couldnt do that. talk about running a good business model. lets mislead or make promieses we cant make or no intention of keeping. and charge more than others for it. they got our money up front and now are not delivering on their promises.

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI, my status just changed a minute ago to this:

APX325CKT     HTC EVO 4G LTE     1     2012-05-13

Status:     Thanks for pre-ordering. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. We will do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Friday, May 18. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe everyone should call their local Sprint store to see if they received the phones yet? Sometimes the store will tell you how many phones they received. This will answer a lot of questions. Post here if anyone hears anything good or bad from the store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just spoke with a sprint rep as well. She said that tonight at 11pm cst ups will pick up the phones and although the sprint guarantee for shipping is 2-5 business days, if you were amongst the first to order the phone, you will receive it in 1-3 days depending on where you are located from their warehouse which is in kentucky. And if you do not receive an email shipping conf or it doens't show up in your order status, you can call back tomorrow for the tracking #. The rep I spoke with this morning online also said the phones will be shipped out today and and you will receive an email confirmation. And when I ordered the phone, it said shipping begin the 15th and you will receive your phone in 1-3 days. SO EVERYONE CALM DOWN!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

What good is that going to do? Your order will be coming from the warehouse, not the sprint store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think the poster requesting people to call the local sprint store is implying that if they have stock that the online pre-orders should be fine. I think that their concern is the launch date being intact, which I do not see any problem with it is just all the different answers every one is coming up with since Sprint CS is not unified and just giving out what they are told/what they think will the the customer off the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I heard that people that are calling and bugging CS are getting pushed to the back of the shipping line

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello coorsleftfield, I can assure you that this is not the case. our logistics are setup in a way that this cannot happen. The only way that this could happen is if you were to cancel your order, then place your order again. With this being such an involved process they would even need your payment information to recreate the order.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was joking   People do just need to chill and wait for their phone. Stop paying attention to backordered messages and stop calling Sprint until it's Friday and you don't have your phone

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat