cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE back ordered status?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE back ordered status?

Yep.  Pre-orders, and in-store shipments are now delayed.  The phones are stuck in U.S. Customs until they are checked to make sure they are no longer infringing on an Apple patent (a patent that allows a device to interpret links and phone numbers). (Source: Engadget)

That sucks.   What's even more frustrating is Sprint's lack of communication on the matter; I should not have had to hear about the delay from tech blogs, but rather from Sprint themselves.

Journeyman

Jessica: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
You: order status
Jessica: Thank you for your patience. If your question is account or order related, please have your order number, account number and PIN ready.
You: ok
Jessica: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.
You: ?
Jessica: Thank you so much for your patience.
Jessica: I appreciate it.
Jessica: I would be happy to check on the status of your order.
Jessica: First let's move this chat and make it a window of its own so that I may be able to assist you better. Please click 'Yes' to move it now.
Jessica: Thank you for moving the chat.
Jessica: May I have your first and last name please?
You:
Jessica: Thank you
You: Order Number:
pin
Jessica: Thank you for providing me with your Sprint order number.
Jessica: Just one moment please while I locate your order.
Jessica: Thank you for your patience.
Jessica: I was able to locate your order. Before we continue, I will need to authenticate your account. The following questions are designed to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
Jessica: May I have your account PIN please?
You: scroll up
Jessica: My apologies.
Jessica: Thank you.
Jessica: The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed. HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels.
Jessica: The arrival of your HTC EVO 4G LTE will be delayed until HTC is able to resolve this issue.
Jessica: HTC is working with U.S. Customs for a speedy resolution and your pre-order fee still holds the device.
Jessica: We will provide a ship date as soon as possible.
You: i was told yesterday that the phones were going to be shipped out yesterday
Jessica: We maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units.
Jessica: We do apologize for the inconvenience.
You: this is rediculous
Jessica: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: I preordered from sprint so that i could get my phone early. My current phone isn't working correctly and now I have to wait longer. This isn't fair
Jessica: I truly am sorry to hear that and am sorry about this.
You: what is the problem they are having and why haven't these phones arrived at the warehouse yet?
You: it doesn't make any sense
Jessica: I understnad.
Jessica: *understand.
Jessica: We have no further information.
Jessica: When we do have more information. We will be informing our customers.
You: ok
Jessica: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: no. that's all
Jessica: Great.
Jessica: We do apologize one again.
Jessica: We value your opinion and would appreciate if you can take a moment to respond to a brief survey about your chat experience. Click Here To Start The Survey.
Jessica: Thank you for choosing Sprint.
Jessica: Keep in mind, your Sprint Account offers quick and easy options for managing your account online.
Jessica: My name is Jessica and it has been a pleasure assisting you. Have a great day.
Journeyman

I see everyone blaming Sprint, when they should be blaming Apple.  These ridiculous "patents" of functionality should never have been approved, and Apple's simply securing their market share for the time being for investors...nothing more.  Apple is just as guilty of copying technology as the rest of the electronics industry, hell they built their company on the backs of third party developers.  Sprint is the last company you all should be blaming, Apple first (for the ridiculous injunction), then HTC (for doing it anyway)...then Sprint.

Highlighted
Wizard

The device has been delayed in customs...please see the info I posted here.

Journeyman

Are we able to cancel now?  Only reason I was upgrading my Evo was because the screen is cracked and I didn't want to shell out $100+ to get it repaired when I can just upgrade for $200.  But seeing as there's no time frame.  I'm unable to upgrade with the discount since the now, delayed, LTE is pending has that locked. 

Journeyman

Sprint was informing people yesterday they couldn't cancel any orders because it was too late in the shipping process. And they were telling everyone that UPS was picking up the phones from a warehouse in Kentucky at 11pm last night. Pretty much everything Sprint told people yesterday was a LIE. I don't know what to beleive anymore.

Journeyman

I was actually told I couldn't cancel my order because it was in the warehouse waiting to be labeled and then others jumped on me saying that its very hard for Sprint or any company to sort through all phones in the warehouse and find it. That was just a bunch oBS!

Journeyman

Timbx wrote:

Sorry Sprint knew as of Monday the phones where not moving to the distribution centers or third party vendors they would have to be on site by today for shipment.All somebody had to do was admit there was a problem that may delay the launch date that's it.But they chose to say nothing and tell their CS reps the same just a bad PR move all around.

Wow. You just really want to blame Sprint, don't you? I'm certain HTC told Sprint that they were handling it and they were looking for a judge to order that the phones could be released. And I doubt that the pre-order phones ever need to be "on site" at Sprint. I'd guess the shipper (FedEx?) directly takes possession and ships them.

Journeyman

At the end of the day its Sprint's fault since they are the ones selling the phone. yes you can blame apple or HTC or customs but they are not the ones selling this phone or charging our credit cards and then not letting us cancel our order!

Journeyman

Not Sprint's Fault

1. Phone delayed
  2. Developing software that may or may not infringe on a patent
  3. Not keeping Sprint updated on what's happening

Sprint's Fault

1. Failure to communicate with customers
  2. Failure to offer refunds for those who don't want to wait.
  3. Creating multiple fictional stories ranging from phones being mailed on the 15th, to the 18th, to sitting in distro hubs waiting to be mailed.
Journeyman

SKWIERCZYNSKI wrote:

Sprint was informing people yesterday they couldn't cancel any orders because it was too late in the shipping process. And they were telling everyone that UPS was picking up the phones from a warehouse in Kentucky at 11pm last night. Pretty much everything Sprint told people yesterday was a LIE. I don't know what to beleive anymore.

Those things are likely true. The Customs Service (CBP) has a port of entry at Louisville International Airport (http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/ky/4115.xml). The phones are probably being held at the Customs Service warehouse there and will be picked up directly by UPS for shipment.

Journeyman

The phones come from KY distribution center to be picked up by Fedex or UPS that's the way it works.I blame Sprint for the lack of communication about the delay it is not like they and HTC did not know everything was up in the air.All that had to be done was tell customers the launch date would not be Friday ....the way they are saying now.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat