cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE back ordered status?

SOLVED
Journeyman

Re: Pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE back ordered status?

Timbx wrote:

The phones come from KY distribution center to be picked up by Fedex or UPS that's the way it works.I blame Sprint for the lack of communication about the delay it is not like they and HTC did not know everything was up in the air.All that had to be done was tell customers the launch date would not be Friday ....the way they are saying now.

You're assuming that Sprint knew the launch date would not be Friday before now. I'm saying they probably didn't. I'm sure they felt that there would be no delay or that if Apple was still complaining that HTC could resolve it or find a judge that would allow them to ship their products. They were wrong, but they did not expect to be wrong.

Journeyman

SKWIERCZYNSKI wrote:

Sprint is just lucky the NEWEST I-Phone isn’t coming out this week. Or Sprint would be losing LOTS AND LOTS of customers today. I know I would be jumping ship. I mean, why would Sprint allow pre-ordering of something that hasn’t even made it into the port yet?  It’s almost like they set themselves up for failure.

Every cell phone carrier pre-orders phones that aren't in the states yet, hell every preordered iPhone has undergone the same route.  This is the first time anything like this has happened, and unfortunately it will not be the last.  People need to realize the blame lies squarely on Apple's policy to sue the pants off everyone and patent the methane that farts provide.  You should not be allowed to patent such a minute software capability at all anyway, it stifles growth and competition. 

This is what Apple's trade dress infringement claims against Samsung were in 2011:

-a rectangular product shape with all four corners uniformly rounded;

-the front surface of the product dominated by a screen surface with black borders;

-as to the iphone and ipod touch products, substantial black borders above and below the screen having roughly equal width and narrower black borders on either side of the screen having roughly equal width;

-as to the ipad product, substantial black borders on all sides being roughly equal in width;

-a metallic surround framing the perimeter of the top surface;

-a display of a grid of colorful square icons with uniformly rounded corners; and

-a bottom row of square icons (the "Springboard") set off from the other icons and that do not change as the other pages of the user interface are viewed.

So you see here...Apple tried to keep Samsung from creating a phone that was...wait for it...a rectangle.  You think the new Samsung Galaxy S3 having rounded edges and coming in blue and white has anything to do with this?  Of course it does.  Apple is the devil.

Journeyman

dwilliams8880 wrote:

SKWIERCZYNSKI wrote:

Sprint is just lucky the NEWEST I-Phone isn’t coming out this week. Or Sprint would be losing LOTS AND LOTS of customers today. I know I would be jumping ship. I mean, why would Sprint allow pre-ordering of something that hasn’t even made it into the port yet?  It’s almost like they set themselves up for failure.

Every cell phone carrier pre-orders phones that aren't in the states yet, **** every preordered iPhone has undergone the same route.  This is the first time anything like this has happened, and unfortunately it will not be the last.  People need to realize the blame lies squarely on Apple's policy to sue the pants off everyone and patent the methane that ***** provide.  You should not be allowed to patent such a minute software capability at all anyway, it stifles growth and competition. 

This is what Apple's trade dress infringement claims against Samsung were in 2011:

-a rectangular product shape with all four corners uniformly rounded;

-the front surface of the product dominated by a screen surface with black borders;

-as to the iphone and ipod touch products, substantial black borders above and below the screen having roughly equal width and narrower black borders on either side of the screen having roughly equal width;

-as to the ipad product, substantial black borders on all sides being roughly equal in width;

-a metallic surround framing the perimeter of the top surface;

-a display of a grid of colorful square icons with uniformly rounded corners; and

-a bottom row of square icons (the "Springboard") set off from the other icons and that do not change as the other pages of the user interface are viewed.

So you see here...Apple tried to keep Samsung from creating a phone that was...wait for it...a rectangle.  You think the new Samsung Galaxy S3 having rounded edges and coming in blue and white has anything to do with this?  Of course it does.  Apple is the devil.

Yes when will people wake up and understand this type of blanket patents hurts everyone and has to stop.

Journeyman

Slope72 wrote:

The customs delay doesn't appear to have been a "last minute" thing. According to the NY Times, the customs review has been underway for a month already:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/business/global/patent-dispute-holds-up-sales-of-2-htc-phones-in-u...

Exactly. I'm sure the review should have been done long ago. And last week when Sprint and HTC announced the May 18 date it could have looked like it was done and ready to go but then maybe Apple made another last minute move to block it just to screw HTC. Remember Apple is an American company that makes tons of money and has a lot of political clout.

Sprint and HTC would not have announced last week that the phone would be available this week unless they though the review process was done and they were good to go.

Journeyman

They essentially patented a hyperlink....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not a hyperlink, THE hyperlink. so everyone is ripping off Apple once again because they're scared of other companies making their products look as bad as they really are

Journeyman

Apple are patent whores, however they did not actually invent it .

Journeyman

Master

For updates to the EVO 4G LTE shipping delay, please refer to this blog.

Journeyman

Huh. Target Mobile is still placing pre-orders through their website for $149, offering 2-3 day express shipping. Guess they aren't in the loop. lol

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.