cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems installing Swiftkey Keyboard on HTc EVO 4GLTE

Journeyman

Problems installing Swiftkey Keyboard on HTc EVO 4GLTE

Bought a used EVO 4G/LTE from Gazelle & got it earlier this week, activated, & liking it. On my old Samsung Galaxy S2, I used the paid app for the Swiftkey keyboard. I installed it to the EVO & I have it as my keyboard in my HTC (figured out to go into Swype settings, then select Swiftkey there) - so it looks correct. However, after installing Swiftkey, you need to download your language for the dictionary & auto-correct. When I try to do this, the screen simply disappears & goes back to the home screen. So since I can't get the language file to download & install like it should, keep getting the notification to install it & am not getting auto-correct when typing.

I've done a reset & that did not help.  Anyone have any workarounds? I already tried uninstalling & re-installing too....also disabling SWYPE...nothing has work.

Justin

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Problems installing Swiftkey Keyboard on HTc EVO 4GLTE

Jamettee1978

Great question. I apologize for the troubles you have been having with this app; the next suggestion I can think of would be to try to clear out the data for the app by going to settings -> apps -> running apps -> Swiftkey and scrolling down to clear data. Let me know if this helps at all.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Journeyman

Krishel, I tried that & the phone still does the same thing.  I did try installing a different keyboard app (SlideIT) & it installed & works fine, so it does seem specific to Swiftkey.  Swiftkey does install & works as a keyboard, but it's specifically the language dictionary step that does not download.  So the keyboard works, but there is no auto-correct or word suggestions since the dictionary does not download.

Thanks

Justin

Thank you for the update Jamettee1978!

I am happy to hear you found an app that is working out for you once again I do apologize about the issues with Swiftkey. What I can suggest would be to go to the app download page for swiftkey in the play store and maybe write a comment to the manufacture about the issues you have been having. Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Master

Did you ever contact SwiftKey tech support, see if they are aware of the problem?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I did send them an e-mail & am waiting for a response.  I tried a few more things including re-formating the SD card....did not help, so hopefully they reply with an answer that works.

Jamettee1978,

Hey there ! Just following up to see if you got a response back from Swiftkey.  Have you heard anything? I know they always send updates on apps. Hopefully they sent a fix in the latest version.  Please let us know.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Journeyman

I did get 1 response that was to uninstall/re-install.  That did not work & I still cannot install on my phone.  I've given up & downloaded the Google keyboard which is working fine for me now (seems to be equally as nice as SwiftKey was for me)

Jamettee1978,

I am sorry they haven't provided a fix for the Swiftkey app but I am happy you found a replacement app (Google Keyboard) that you are enjoying just as equally.  Lets hope they get the app resolved soon though. If you have any other issues that come up please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat